Girona - Post match Thread

Hope all is well with Sane as he looked disinterested on Saturday, reluctant to take on the right back (who I thought was seagull's mom). I was stood near the corner so was quite noticeable. Then today flashes but kicking the ball away unnecessarily numerous times when it was dead? Hope he's just ring rusty and there nothing else. Not sure many starters today will do so on Monday and he was one of them?

I noticed this also in both games, just frustration I hope.

Hope all is well with Sane as he looked disinterested on Saturday, reluctant to take on the right back (who I thought was seagull's mom). I was stood near the corner so was quite noticeable. Then today flashes but kicking the ball away unnecessarily numerous times when it was dead? Hope he's just ring rusty and there nothing else. Not sure many starters today will do so on Monday and he was one of them?

Same since his first game back, looking more precious than special atm, come on Leroy.

I know the players were different but the worry for me is that the pace we move the ball is similar to last season. Way to many sideway and backward passes. Good game from Sterling, glimpses of Sane but he was way to deep. Their keeper hardly had a save to make and they will probably be the whipping boys in La Liga

I must have watched a different game.

I really enjoyed it, thought it was an excellent workout for the lads, allowing some of the important players to get mins in their legs - Yaya, Sane, Sterling, Bernardo etc

Found it funny in the second half how dirty the game became, we were trying to treat it as a friendly whereas Girona wanted to kick lumps out of us, so we returned the favour.

Sane not happy playing at wingback.
Stones needs to sharpen up.
Foden and Brahim out of their depth.
Sterling played well and looks up for it.
Mangala played well.
Great to see Ilkay get on the pitch.

That's about it for me.

You were always going to "enjoy" the game though were you not ?

That was apparent with your comment back to me in the thread before the match started,where I claimed it was a load of shite match to have,and best thing we could hope for was not to suffer any injuries,how bizarre was the response you gave me,and now in your post match analysis..................well,yea you are right when you say you watched a different game

Have to agree with comments about Sané. The guy is doing himself no favours at the moment. Pep is pushing him, like he's pushed numerous others in the squad (Stones, Aguero, Sterling etc) and if he can't handle it then that doesn't bode well. Yes it's not his ideal position, but if you don't show Pep you have the appetite to learn something new, you'll quickly be out of favour.

was pretty poor to be honest as you could imagine that team being our cup team? Leroy had a shit on all game and seemed pissed off? maybe playing wing back role didn't help but he defo had a real petulance that I haven't seen before from him. bernardo done ok but still seemed quite unfit? even gabby looked poor when he came on? at least we got no injuries but it was a poor show and girona looked a lot fitter and stronger than our lads.

was pretty poor to be honest as you could imagine that team being our cup team? Leroy had a shit on all game and seemed pissed off? maybe playing wing back role didn't help but he defo had a real petulance that I haven't seen before from him. bernardo done ok but still seemed quite unfit? even gabby looked poor when he came on? at least we got no injuries but it was a poor show and girona looked a lot fitter and stronger than our lads.

Where is Karen now the reinforcements have arrived?

Sane's current attitude makes me think that he might have a problem with Pep's recruitment strategy. A flying wing back in Mendy, looking to bring Sanchez on board and what if Mbappe comes as he operates more over on the left. Add to that most games have been played 3 at the back.

Can't believe so many watched this, it's essentially little more than a training game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.