Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I misread that you said he wouldn't want him to put a transfer request in and I think you're right. I don't see how it makes much difference though because if the offer is right it'll be accepted. In my opinion, the offer won't go much higher. When it comes down to making this decision of £50m+ or 0, they'll take the money.

And there you have it, no need for further debate

June 13, 2007: ‘It is more down to imagination than anything else, Thierry Henry will be here next year. Can I guarantee that? Yes, of course.’

June 25, 2007: Joins Barcelona for £16.1m

June 3, 2009: ‘If he does not want to stay, he will leave but I think that he will be still at Arsenal this season.’

July 18, 2009: Joins Manchester City for £25m

July 11, 2011: ‘Will [Nasri] be at the club next season? I say yes. There is always speculation when a player has only one contract year to go and has not signed a new contract that he might leave the club. But Samir Nasri is very happy at the club and is committed to staying at the club.’

July 13, 2011: ‘We will do everything to keep Nasri at the club. My wish is that he stays here.’

August 24, 2011: Joins Manchester City for £24m.

July 11, 2011: ‘Cesc loves the club and hopefully we will manage. We know that this story for Barcelona has gone on for years now, we have to close that and focus on the season, hopefully with Cesc Fabregas.’

July 13, 2011: ‘I will be pretty clear about this. For me, Fabregas is with Arsenal for a long time and he will stay with Arsenal. It sometimes happens that the rumour can make the transfer.’

August 15, 2011: Joins Barcelona for £35m.

March 8, 2012: ‘Our plan is to keep Robin van Persie, even if we buy a player. Robin is the leader of our club. He is under contract until 2013.’

August 17, 2012: Joins Manchester United for £22m.

February 22, 2013: ‘Our desire is to keep Bacary Sagna and he knows that. We will sit down with him and we did already sit down with his agent, and we didn’t get that [negative] vibe out. He is not free in the summer so he can only leave if we let him go.’

June 13, 2014: Joins Manchester City on a free transfer.

That's logical, only problem is Arsenal aren't logical sometimes. And while there is Mahrez on the market, he can always be counted on as a fall back option.

I admire the way you blokes on here can calmly discuss this fucking pantomime.

There is no need for any of this. The closer it gets to the close of the window, the less happy the player is going to be, if the deal doesn't actually go through. There is no time to find a replacement either way. It would be piss easy for Wenger to have sorted this out, if he is telling the truth, just go to the board: "Back me on this or I'm selling him now" in fucking June.

How the fuck can he not 'know' if they will sell ? He hasn't asked them ? Fucking why ? It isn't important enough ?

This is the same story as everything else: MONEY. You can hear it in Wenger's comments talking about value of this v value of that & then making out he's looking t it from a football perspective, er, but...more talk of money. it's like the Monty Python accountant sketch except he became a football manager instead of a lion tamer.

If the offer is finacially, what Arsenal AND WENGER think is the value of Sanchez, they will sell him, if not, he stays.

That's it and always has been. And Wenger is one of 'them' who is in on it. Always has been. That's why he's still there.

If it was the other way round, I'd want to kill him.

June 13, 2007: ‘It is more down to imagination than anything else, Thierry Henry will be here next year. Can I guarantee that? Yes, of course.’

June 25, 2007: Joins Barcelona for £16.1m

June 3, 2009: ‘If he does not want to stay, he will leave but I think that he will be still at Arsenal this season.’

July 18, 2009: Joins Manchester City for £25m

July 11, 2011: ‘Will [Nasri] be at the club next season? I say yes. There is always speculation when a player has only one contract year to go and has not signed a new contract that he might leave the club. But Samir Nasri is very happy at the club and is committed to staying at the club.’

July 13, 2011: ‘We will do everything to keep Nasri at the club. My wish is that he stays here.’

August 24, 2011: Joins Manchester City for £24m.

July 11, 2011: ‘Cesc loves the club and hopefully we will manage. We know that this story for Barcelona has gone on for years now, we have to close that and focus on the season, hopefully with Cesc Fabregas.’

July 13, 2011: ‘I will be pretty clear about this. For me, Fabregas is with Arsenal for a long time and he will stay with Arsenal. It sometimes happens that the rumour can make the transfer.’

August 15, 2011: Joins Barcelona for £35m.

March 8, 2012: ‘Our plan is to keep Robin van Persie, even if we buy a player. Robin is the leader of our club. He is under contract until 2013.’

August 17, 2012: Joins Manchester United for £22m.

February 22, 2013: ‘Our desire is to keep Bacary Sagna and he knows that. We will sit down with him and we did already sit down with his agent, and we didn’t get that [negative] vibe out. He is not free in the summer so he can only leave if we let him go.’

June 13, 2014: Joins Manchester City on a free transfer.

giphy.gif

Has Wenger just prepared arsenal fans for the potential loss with his latest comments.
Possibly. I wasn't aware of the entirety of his comments until the papers came out last night. It opens up more doubt but if they intend to sell, you have to wonder why they have not replaced him.

The other issue is that City may not even go for Sanchez. Mbappe looks the more likelier target to me

If Sanchez goes to City, Wenger and Arsenal would look ridiculous and not only kiss top 4 goodbye but would guarantee losing Ozil and the Ox meaning our squad would have the quality of Stoke

I think that's a bit dramatic mate.

Cech, Ox, Koscielny, Mustafi, Monreal, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Ramsey, Mahrez, Ozil, Lacazette is not a Stoke team, with a bench that consists of Per, Bellerin, Holding, Wilshere, Coquelin, Welbeck, Walcott, Giroud and Cazorla when fit.

It's not as strong as it would be with Sanchez, but it still should compete to a reasonable level.

Possibly. I wasn't aware of the entirety of his comments until the papers came out last night. It opens up more doubt but if they intend to sell, you have to wonder why they have not replaced him.

The other issue is that City may not even go for Sanchez. Mbappe looks the more likelier target to me

Maybe arsenal are working on a replacement behind the scene's as they know Sanchez is going. Sanchez seems the pep type player for me with his work rate.

As a long standing City fan I have endured ridicule, patronising attitude, admiration for my choice, hatred etc. so the current owner has made my life so much easier but I still have a feeling at the back of my mind that I should not take anything for granted.
Oh, you're spot on. And just in case my comment was misconstrued, I wasn't trying to be patronising to Arsenal fans, just pointing out that Wenger selling them a pup won't be a problem for him - he's done it so many times before. The dichotomy for Arsenal fans - great coach but he's grown another head as Kroenke's stooge. He's basically taking the piss out of them now, although they do make themselves easy to ridicule. What's that fool me once fool me twice saying???

There is only 2 weeks left
If Sanchez is to leave, that is only possible if Arsenal can get someone in to replace him and there is no likelihood of that.
I respectfully do not agree. I think Lacazette is the replacement, and was meant to be that all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.