Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admire the way you blokes on here can calmly discuss this fucking pantomime.

There is no need for any of this. The closer it gets to the close of the window, the less happy the player is going to be, if the deal doesn't actually go through. There is no time to find a replacement either way. It would be piss easy for Wenger to have sorted this out, if he is telling the truth, just go to the board: "Back me on this or I'm selling him now" in fucking June.

How the fuck can he not 'know' if they will sell ? He hasn't asked them ? Fucking why ? It isn't important enough ?

This is the same story as everything else: MONEY. You can hear it in Wenger's comments talking about value of this v value of that & then making out he's looking t it from a football perspective, er, but...more talk of money. it's like the Monty Python accountant sketch except he became a football manager instead of a lion tamer.

If the offer is finacially, what Arsenal AND WENGER think is the value of Sanchez, they will sell him, if not, he stays.

That's it and always has been. And Wenger is one of 'them' who is in on it. Always has been. That's why he's still there.

If it was the other way round, I'd want to kill him.

I'm calm, because i'm aware he is in a bit of a no win situation, (partly due to his / the clubs own doing i appreciate). He's damned if he sells Sanchez to you, & damned if he doesn't. His obvious ideal situation is Sanchez stays, & signs a new deal. He obviously has been told that this is looking increasingly unlikely. So his next choice, from a sporting perspective is to keep a hold of him & get the best out of him anyway. But deep down, we all know, despite the objections, there will likely be some point a fee might be too good to turn down.

You will see a fume from most Arsenal fans, i just tend to try not to be so emotional. No player is bigger than the club, we'll go on without Alexis, be it this year or next year. Will we be as good without him, probably not, but only time will tell. Bigger clubs than Arsenal lose players they don't want to sell, we wont be the first & we won't be the last.

There is another side to this, something lurking away in the background, something that puts a different perspective on things. We are in the middle of a power struggle at Arsenal. Usmanov has the money, & the drive & ambition but with no way of getting in as it stands currently. If Arsenal lose Sanchez, if Arsenal continue to not compete or miss out on top 4, then will Kronke have the desire to stay around with the stick he would likely see, & more importantly perhaps see his asset start dwindling in value? There might be something in the premise that we might to have to suffer some short term pain for the long term gain.

Guessing. Tabloid headlines.

City ready to blow £20mill on Jonny Evans. 3rd bid due?

City offer £45miil for Sanchez?

Stop f***ing about. Give Kroenke £60mill for Sanchez and have done.

Regardless if Jonny comes or not, Sanchez will be and is the difference between fighting for the title or winning it.

For an extra £15mill City would triple that and more buy winning the title, going into pot 1 of the CL, and all the extra revenue achieved by being Champions.

Guessing. Tabloid headlines.

City ready to blow £20mill on Jonny Evans. 3rd bid due?

City offer £45miil for Sanchez?

Stop f***ing about. Give Kroenke £60mill for Sanchez and have done.

Regardless if Jonny comes or not, Sanchez will be and is the difference between fighting for the title, or winning it.

For an extra £15mill, we would triple that and more buy winning the title, going into pot 1 of the CL, and all the extra revenue achieved by being Champions.

There is a little game to be played out for the benefit of Arsene and the Arsenal fans.

We offer £60m first bid it's rejected and any other offers until the player asks to leave. Arsenal then set a price and he leaves for £75m as they say they had no choice.

Instead we offer £45m first bid it's rejected and any other offers until the player asks to leave. Arsenal then set a price and he leaves for £60m as they say they had no choice.

I'm calm, because i'm aware he is in a bit of a no win situation, (partly due to his / the clubs own doing i appreciate). He's damned if he sells Sanchez to you, & damned if he doesn't. His obvious ideal situation is Sanchez stays, & signs a new deal. He obviously has been told that this is looking increasingly unlikely. So his next choice, from a sporting perspective is to keep a hold of him & get the best out of him anyway. But deep down, we all know, despite the objections, there will likely be some point a fee might be too good to turn down.

You will see a fume from most Arsenal fans, i just tend to try not to be so emotional. No player is bigger than the club, we'll go on without Alexis, be it this year or next year. Will we be as good without him, probably not, but only time will tell. Bigger clubs than Arsenal lose players they don't want to sell, we wont be the first & we won't be the last.

There is another side to this, something lurking away in the background, something that puts a different perspective on things. We are in the middle of a power struggle at Arsenal. Usmanov has the money, & the drive & ambition but with no way of getting in as it stands currently. If Arsenal lose Sanchez, if Arsenal continue to not compete or miss out on top 4, then will Kronke have the desire to stay around with the stick he would likely see, & more importantly perhaps see his asset start dwindling in value? There might be something in the premise that we might to have to suffer some short term pain for the long term gain.
Dangerous game aligning yourselves with boardroom factions. There are loads of billionaires and few invest their money in the club. City fans are very very fortunate, but it did not feel that way for a very long time. Bringing up your child as a City fan was seen as the right thing to do because it gave them a lesson in how to handle disappointment and it emphasised the importance of loyalty. 99% of the media focus is on Sanchez, but I am sure City's no. 1 striker target is Mbappe so even if Arsenal's board are wobbling, they might not even get tested

The thing about Sanchez this time for Wenger, I have never known him quite so adamant about a player staying. He really seems to have gone out on a limb on this one. The idea he would be so robust in rejecting the notion of selling Sanchez without the full support of Kroenke and the Board I find difficult to believe. Maybe if he had secured Lemar's signature Wenger might have proven more philosophical.

Let's remember Wenger took a long time to decide to renew his contract. It's for 2 years only and most of us Gooners believe it will be his last contract. Wenger has performed absolute miracles in getting CL football for 20 years despite having limited access to funds because of the need to pay for the new stadium. I believe therefore, the Board and Kroenke have given Wenger a free hand to do what he wants in his final 2 years. It's the least he deserves. Wenger wants to give himself one last crack at the title and if that means foregoing £50m for Sanchez, so be it.

Not good enough in my view to secure top 4

We might have to soon see mate. I think the business done in the next 2 weeks by the top clubs will determine our chances.
I think if the window had to shut last night, we would have as good a chance as any at making top 4.

However, will Spurs get a couple of players in & can they adapt to Wembley? Will Chelsea get who they want in & manage to turn things around as they look like they could be on the verge of a mini implosion. Will Liverpool sell Coutinho & if so will they be able to strengthen the team adequately? Will we lose Sanchez & replace him, will we try & strengthen other areas ie defence or midfield?

Must be shit being an arsenal fan. One world class and two very good players looking like they will be leaving on a free next season. Normally you would sell the players to get some money for players in return. I think wengers being a bit too stubborn and maybe he's thinking they can win the league, which they won't. Possibly £150m down on players next summer, then having to find three players with similar quality, what a situation to be in.

When Arsenal lost 3-1 against Liverpool in Anfield they played Coquelin-Xhaka-Ox.Chamberlain in midfield .. Ozil was "sick" and Alexis clearly "punished". (Having tied Arsenal would be in CL - LoL).

In a similar situation where you need to have the ball, be creative and handle the pressure. Who could replace Ozil? (Cazorla is practically retired). They need to improve their midfield more than the front. The value of Alexis in that match was to create goal situations, rather than to convert them. Without consistency in the midfield the forwards go down more to dispute balls than to define situations of goal. The direct rivals to enter Champions League Arsenal this season will be Liverpool (with problems in defense) and Chelsea (with problems in midfield and forward).

Clearly the PL will fight between Manchester teams. With a GK and two defenders (all look very good) who have to adapt to the league, we need something that gives us an extra chance of goal and creativity, work that could perfectly well do someone proven as Sanchez. You also see something very promising in CL.

Dangerous game aligning yourselves with boardroom factions. There are loads of billionaires and few invest their money in the club. City fans are very very fortunate, but it did not feel that way for a very long time. Bringing up your child as a City fan was seen as the right thing to do because it gave them a lesson in how to handle disappointment and it emphasised the importance of loyalty. 99% of the media focus is on Sanchez, but I am sure City's no. 1 striker target is Mbappe so even if Arsenal's board are wobbling, they might not even get tested

Oh, it's not something i'm hanging my hat on mate. It's just an interesting sub-plot from our point of view. I'd of course much rather we just went out & won leagues & such without this all going on in the background. Can we though....??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.