Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Haha great film. I hope our chances are higher than 1/1,000,000 though.

Guessing. Tabloid headlines.

City ready to blow £20mill on Jonny Evans. 3rd bid due?

City offer £45miil for Sanchez?

Stop f***ing about. Give Kroenke £60mill for Sanchez and have done.

Regardless if Jonny comes or not, Sanchez will be and is the difference between fighting for the title or winning it.

For an extra £15mill City would triple that and more buy winning the title, going into pot 1 of the CL, and all the extra revenue achieved by being Champions.

I'm so glad you are no where near our negotiations

I suppose my logic comes from the fact that with Sanchez last season we only managed to finish 5th. If Lacazette proves to be a good replacement were Sanchez to leave, why would we finish higher? I take the point that other teams for various reasons might be weaker and as you say there will still be some transfer activity to change the picture but from where I'm sitting losing Sanchez is likely to mean no top four.

It's sound logic mate, it certainly makes things more difficult. There are other factors that come into play of course, change in formation / tactics, injuries, players settling, lack of Wenger contract situation etc. Don't forget we have Kolosniac as well who i think will be a good signing. I think we are a better team currently than the 1 that started last season given the above reasons, but agree with Sanchez gone it looks light.

I'm so glad you are no where near our negotiations

It's fair to say so am I.

If I was forced to negotiate a fee for Jonny Evans and £18mill had been turned down by West Brom, I'd have resigned before that happened.

£18mill for Evans, with another bid pending. Let's call it £20mill. F***off!

No doubt you would have slapped £25mill on the table straightaway.

As for Sanchez. If you don't think he's worth £60mill over 3 to 5 years, the normal length of a new contract is now 5 years, I'm glad you aren't part of the negotiations either.

5 years. 12mill a year. Sends Wenger and his team into chaos. Strengthens our team. And scares the living day lights out of our title rivals. All for the sake of £10mill extra and a quick deal, above the currently quoted £50mill price tag. And with only 2 weeks of the transfer windowl left.

Smell the black Coffee, fella. In-fact, drink some of it. It's going to be a long 2 weeks.

If I was forced to negotiate a fee for Jonny Evans and £18mill had been turned down by West Brom, I'd have resigned before that happened.

As for Sanchez. If you don't think he's worth £60mill over 3 to 5 years, the normal length of a new contract is now 5 years, I'm glad you aren't part of the negotiations either.

5 years. 12mill a year. Sends Wenger and his team into chaos. Strengthens our team. And scares the living day lights out of our title rivals. All for the sake of £10mill extra and a quick deal, above the currently quoted £50mill price tag. And with only 2 weeks of the transfer windowl left.

Smell the black Coffee, fella. In-fact, drink some of it. It's going to be a long 2 weeks.

Can yopu give us a quick assessment of the stengths and weaknesses of Evans's game, and why you don't see him fitting in with our system?

As I thought, you are clueless in how to conduct negotiations. Nobody is saying he is or isn't worth that, but to go in as you suggest is simply stupid tactics

That's not how negotiations work I'm afraid. You slap an opening bid of £60m in - it'll get rejected. You have to play the game and allow the other party to force you up - psychologically this is critical. As in the Life of Brian - 'you've got to haggle'. You can't short cut the process - you have to play by the rules and be patient. Good job Txiki knows what he's doing.

June 13, 2007: ‘It is more down to imagination than anything else, Thierry Henry will be here next year. Can I guarantee that? Yes, of course.’

June 25, 2007: Joins Barcelona for £16.1m

June 3, 2009: ‘If he does not want to stay, he will leave but I think that he will be still at Arsenal this season.’

July 18, 2009: Joins Manchester City for £25m

July 11, 2011: ‘Will [Nasri] be at the club next season? I say yes. There is always speculation when a player has only one contract year to go and has not signed a new contract that he might leave the club. But Samir Nasri is very happy at the club and is committed to staying at the club.’

July 13, 2011: ‘We will do everything to keep Nasri at the club. My wish is that he stays here.’

August 24, 2011: Joins Manchester City for £24m.

July 11, 2011: ‘Cesc loves the club and hopefully we will manage. We know that this story for Barcelona has gone on for years now, we have to close that and focus on the season, hopefully with Cesc Fabregas.’

July 13, 2011: ‘I will be pretty clear about this. For me, Fabregas is with Arsenal for a long time and he will stay with Arsenal. It sometimes happens that the rumour can make the transfer.’

August 15, 2011: Joins Barcelona for £35m.

March 8, 2012: ‘Our plan is to keep Robin van Persie, even if we buy a player. Robin is the leader of our club. He is under contract until 2013.’

August 17, 2012: Joins Manchester United for £22m.

February 22, 2013: ‘Our desire is to keep Bacary Sagna and he knows that. We will sit down with him and we did already sit down with his agent, and we didn’t get that [negative] vibe out. He is not free in the summer so he can only leave if we let him go.’

June 13, 2014: Joins Manchester City on a free transfer.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.