Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm calm, because i'm aware he is in a bit of a no win situation, (partly due to his / the clubs own doing i appreciate). He's damned if he sells Sanchez to you, & damned if he doesn't. His obvious ideal situation is Sanchez stays, & signs a new deal. He obviously has been told that this is looking increasingly unlikely. So his next choice, from a sporting perspective is to keep a hold of him & get the best out of him anyway. But deep down, we all know, despite the objections, there will likely be some point a fee might be too good to turn down.

You will see a fume from most Arsenal fans, i just tend to try not to be so emotional. No player is bigger than the club, we'll go on without Alexis, be it this year or next year. Will we be as good without him, probably not, but only time will tell. Bigger clubs than Arsenal lose players they don't want to sell, we wont be the first & we won't be the last.

There is another side to this, something lurking away in the background, something that puts a different perspective on things. We are in the middle of a power struggle at Arsenal. Usmanov has the money, & the drive & ambition but with no way of getting in as it stands currently. If Arsenal lose Sanchez, if Arsenal continue to not compete or miss out on top 4, then will Kronke have the desire to stay around with the stick he would likely see, & more importantly perhaps see his asset start dwindling in value? There might be something in the premise that we might to have to suffer some short term pain for the long term gain.

I think he is as big a part of the problem as any of your hidden demons in the closet. He is one of that gang, as responsible as anyone. That's why he is still in a job. He represents the board.

Can you imagine Guardiola or Mourinho in May, at a club with perfectly adequate finances, with a player who doesn't really want to be at the club, hanging on to him, whilst not knowing if he'll be there in September, just so the board can grind a last penny out of the situation & generally lying through his teeth to the fans & media, to drag it on, in order to help the board try to get the fee up or force a transfer request ? Would Ferguson do that ?

Wenger is such a novice that Sanchez' situation took him by surprise & he couldn't plan for this window ? He didn't realise last season, that other clubs would try to influence him to move on this season ?

If Wenger was a genuine bloke, he would have made his own contract situation dependant on this decision, that he, not the board, decides & they would tell everybody that.

As I thought, you are clueless in how to conduct negotiations. Nobody is saying he is or isn't worth that, but to go in as you suggest is simply stupid tactics

Did I say 'going straight in at £60mill'? No I didn't.

Not for one second do I think City have or would go straight in with that figure.

You're right, City would be mad to do that.

I assume wrongly or rightly City may have already tabled a starting bid on the QT?

City have to start th ball rolling at some point.

What Im' saying is that if City need to go to £60mill to get Arsenal to blink and to give in, then the extra £10mill-£15mill is worth it.

If Arsenal still stand firm at £60mill, take it or leave it, final offer, fair enough.

Or do you want us to do an Arsenal and offer £1 over £50mill.

Blow Arsenal's resistance out of the water, and blow the other teams away in the PL. Done!

That £60mill and more will come back when we win the PL, and go on a good run in the CL, maybe even winning it.

One more point. CL money is paid in Euros. Look at the Euro/pound exchange rate now and what it could be at the end of the tournament. The pound against the Euro isn't going to rally anytime soon.

Last edited:
Mod note to Arsenal fans.

This thread is for Sanchez news and chat and any general Arsenal chat should go to the Arsenal thread or even Your own forums.

Cheers

Can yopu give us a quick assessment of the stengths and weaknesses of Evans's game, and why you don't see him fitting in with our system?

Maybe you could give me an assessment, Dave? You seem to know everything.

My assessment of Jonny against one of, just of the top of my head, Ronaldo, Messi, Kane, Lewandowski, Lukaku, Mbappe, Lacazette, etc, is freightening.

Possible. Jonny alongside Ottamendi at the heart of our defence. My assessment of that is......

I think he is as big a part of the problem as any of your hidden demons in the closet. He is one of that gang, as responsible as anyone. That's why he is still in a job. He represents the board.

Can you imagine Guardiola or Mourinho in May, at a club with perfectly adequate finances, with a player who doesn't really want to be at the club, hanging on to him, whilst not knowing if he'll be there in September, just so the board can grind a last penny out of the situation & generally lying through his teeth to the fans & media, to drag it on, in order to help the board try to get the fee up or force a transfer request ? Would Ferguson do that ?

Wenger is such a novice that Sanchez' situation took him by surprise & he couldn't plan for this window ? He didn't realise last season, that other clubs would try to influence him to move on this season ?

If Wenger was a genuine bloke, he would have made his own contract situation dependant on this decision, that he, not the board, decides & they would tell everybody that.

Come back to me in a couple of weeks mate, once this scenario plays out. If he's sold with no replacement and we will do up in profit this window, I'll likely agree with you.

The problem is All parties are aware that we dont have a plan b Mbappe is out of our budget ,and we are third in a three team race for him, add to that there is a not a a great choice of good quality goal scorers available

My assessment of Jonny against one of, just of the top of my head, Ronaldo, Messi, Kane, Lewandowski, Lukaku, Mbappe, Lacazette, etc, is freightening.

Possible. Jonny alongside Ottamendi at the heart of our defence. My assessment of that is......
We need cover for Kompany right? So who do you suggest that doesn't at the same time threaten John Stones position.

I think you are maybe just trying to assess how good the defender is and comparing him with Kompany, VVD, Bonucci etc when what we need is an experienced defender who can cover if needed. We already have the first choice defenders in place in Kompany and Stones, but if we play 3 at the back, or have injuries, we'll need another defender to come in.

Demichelis did this job for City under Pellegrini but he was a bit old. Evans has played his career in the Premier league and has almost 250 games now and is the captain of WBA. He's a decent player. Surely once you set aside your dislike for Man Utd you can see that?

Thanks. QED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.