Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need an home grown defender for the 25 man squad. Find a better alternative

He's a decent player who can cover at centre back for Kompany or play in a back 3. Criticism is most unfair. Arsenal were in for him. I suppose Wenger is an idiot as well.

A lot of Arse fans think so!

But I suppose whoever turns up and wears a sky blue shirt will be cheered on - as long as they put in a decent effort!

And yet he has well over 200 league appearances and is captain of his club and last season Arsenal tried to buy him. He is not a donkey.

City are not trying to replace Kompany, or Stones, we are trying to bring in cover for them. That player is not going to be a Van Dijk. You bring him in, you replace Stones.

I don't think that's true. According to Sam Lee the only thing stopping us from getting VVD is the asking price. The way WBA are bigging up Evans we could drop out for the same reason.

The biggest clubs have excellent players as back ups.

Mangala, Savic & Nastasic were not bought on the premise they'd "do for now" what are you on about? They were 22, 21 & 19 when we bought them. Supposedly long term projects, the exact opposite of Evans.

I'm on about that none of them were any good regardless of age.

200 PL appearances and being captain of WBA are hardly a marker for his suitability for City or indeed him being a quality player, its an undeniable opinion that he is crap and many on here agree, I cant think of a single asset he has that would benefit our club, even sitting on the bench..

He's homegrown, good at organising a defence, an excellent reader of the game, can play on the left side of defence, comfortable on the ball, a good passer and experienced in the PL so won't need time to settle in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.