Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck signing Evans by a decent cdm and that would help the entire back four. If there are no centre halves better than Evans then don't bother and strengthen another position that needs strengthening. Yaya and dinho are being asked a lot of considering both are past their pomp. Romeu of Southampton will do nicely or Nzonzi or better yet Verrati.

Ric, you are normally the voice of reason but I'm going to have to disagree with the majority of your post here.

£25 million is crazy even in this market. I thought one of the points of going for Evans is he was cheap. I don't think its turning out that way.

The argument that what City pay for a player is irrelevant because it doesn't affect the poster personally is the most repeated brain dead argument I see on BM. If that was a legitimate argument there wouldn't be any point in a forum since the vast majority of what City do doesn't affect us personally. The amount is relevant because if affects where the remainder of our budget is spent as a lot of people who support this transfer are pointing out.

While I agree that City won't care much about how a player is received there will likely be a little consideration. Remember how Milan binned 100 million for Kaka partly due to the fans reaction to selling him.

You might be correct on the job he will do for us we will have to wait and see but I think City quite often pick a CH with the premise that he will do for now. It's been going on a long time with millions wasted on the likes of Mangala Savic and Nastasic.

It's clear that we need a striker and a CH. it's debatable which is more important and a close run thing but for me our reliance on Kompany is our weak point.

It may help when we see the overall plan City have in mind with the remaining budget but right now a 29 year old CH from WBA for £25 million looks like another signing that will be thrown in an expensive bin very soon. Lastly I don't think he is the sort of player who will improve us, except in an emergency, and is a panic buy.

The fact that he is ex United is irrelevant to me.

Mangala, Savic & Nastasic were not bought on the premise they'd "do for now" what are you on about? They were 22, 21 & 19 when we bought them. Supposedly long term projects, the exact opposite of Evans.

Just seen the news in SS Pulis with another gem, "he is one of our best players , we don't want to and don't have to sell him............... however if a very, very good offer comes along " that should bump up raise closer to £30m.

Just seen the news in SS Pulis with another gem, "he is one of our best players , we don't want to and don't have to sell him............... however if a very, very good offer comes along " that should bump up raise closer to £30m.

30 million ha ha ha

Reports that WBA set his price at £35m. Could have had Michael Keane for that. Can see us settling at £27m ffs.

Either way, cards are on the table now - Pep wants a new CB either in addition to Mangala or to replace, and criteria seems to be be a lefty and home grown. Slim pickings unfortunately.

My only issue with this is the price!
I honestly believe something has changed regarding Kompany. He must have clearly turned a corner with his constant injuries, therefore Pep and his team are counting on him to play a big part this season! Therefore a back up CB (4th choice) is what they've gone for! The people slating Evans are severely over hyping his shitness. He's not a world beater by any stretch, but if the remit is a decent back up CB who will be content with a squad role then Evans fits the bill. It really is horses for coarses. I actually think this is a good signing in terms of what we require from him!
The price going over £20 million is slightly concerning however!

200 PL appearances and being captain of WBA are hardly a marker for his suitability for City or indeed him being a quality player, its an undeniable opinion that he is crap and many on here agree, I cant think of a single asset he has that would benefit our club, even sitting on the bench..

Sky Sports News‏Verified account @SkySportsNews 3m3 minutes ago
Breaking: Tony Pulis confirms @WBA have turned down an offer for Jonny Evans. #SSN

Simon Stone‏ @sistoney67 11m11 minutes ago
Pulis: "We don't want to sell Jonny and we don't need to sell him. It would have to be a very, very good offer"

Goal UK‏Verified account @GoalUK 6m6 minutes ago
Tony Pulis has confirmed West Brom have rejected a bid for Man City target Jonny Evans #WBAFC #MCFC - http://www.goal.com/en/news/pulis-confirms-west-broms-rejection-of-evans-bid/v4wjmrft2e8x1hiu556fpvcy3 …

Great news........I love Tony Pulis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.