Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all signings go through this process at City as well as other clubs and overall some transfers work a lot better then others, so to me it is a bit of a mute point. I also think we should be aiming higher then Jonny Evans and our scouts should be picking someone better.

We may be looking for a different type of player, more experienced, left side of a 3 etc.

However, when we look back this to be the window we sign Jonny Evans whilst Spurs sign Davidson Sanchez (that boy would be a great buy for us).

maybe we have been looking and maybe we cant get said player, or player doesnt want to move, or our hands are tied because we have to buy a homegrown guy. looks like we eventually settled on johnny boy. im not keen, but if that's who we get, then get that's who we get. i just feel it will all end in tears.

bonucci to evans.. ffs.. rather play tosin or mangala..
Tosin isn't ready and even though I share your view that Mangala is worth a chance under Pep, clearly he doesn't rate him and doesn't want him. There's just no point in keeping him if the manager doesn't trust him because he just won't play him.

The majority of City fans do not want this guy (for a variety of reasons) - that is clear.
What is disappointing is that the Club takes no notice of its supporters and I thought City were better than that.

There is only one way to make amends post the following

Jonny Evans is a bit Average considering where we want to be and the fee is too high, I hope we sign someone else.

If you don't then this proves 100% that you are sat at home wearing a wba baseball cap and your mates call you tone
Just woke up, sorry

Jonny Evans is a bit average considering where we want to be and the fee is too high, I hope we sign someone else.

He is a bit average for a top team. The fee is too high, although i guess so are all the fees. And i would rather sign inigo martinez, unless we need to sign home grown cos we are signing sanchez and mbappe :-)

Happy?

Just woke up, sorry

Jonny Evans is a bit average considering where we want to be and the fee is too high, I hope we sign someone else.

He is a bit average for a top team. The fee is too high, although i guess so are all the fees. And i would rather sign inigo martinez, unless we need to sign home grown cos we are signing sanchez and mbappe :-)

Happy?

Yes I am fingers crossed it never happens fella

Hopefully west brom will keep rejecting any bids from us. Experience and stability my hole, he'd bring experience all right, a nightmare experience. Are all our young centre backs that bad that we feel the need to bid for evans ? So much for the fabled youth set up.
Too much of a risk to go into a new season relying on a youth team player to partner Stones. That's not a serious suggestion is it?

There is a fair point to discuss as to whether Evans is good enough but we absolutely need cover for Kompany.

Not sure if footmob is a reliable source to be honest but just had an alert pop up on my phone saying City need to offer £35million to get Evans.
Not being funny but £35million for a player who was never particularly good and who looks ok in a back 9 as Pullis likes to play.
Fuck me football has gone money crazy...makes no sense whatsoever to pay that sort of money on a bang average ( at best) player.
Hope Pullis stays strong and WBA keep Evans.

maybe we have been looking and maybe we cant get said player, or player doesnt want to move, or our hands are tied because we have to buy a homegrown guy. looks like we eventually settled on johnny boy. im not keen, but if that's who we get, then get that's who we get. i just feel it will all end in tears.

I think you are right & this is just down to lack of availability at the right price & lack of trust in Tosin to be able to step straight up if we pick up a couple of injuries.

If Evans is a disaster, it will be quickly apparent, & he just won't play, so it doesn't really have to end in tears.

Perhaps if the Sanchez & Mbappe deals had both failed, we would have bought VVD, but as both are still dragging on & we have most likely told each player we are committed to buying them, if possible, the funds aren't there.

I figured right at the start of this window, that Mbappe would likely end up fucking part of our plans over & then sign for Real Madrid either now or next season & that's still how I think it will end up.

It may mean we can go for VVD in the future, with some of the money earmarked for Mbappe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.