Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much of a risk to go into a new season relying on a youth team player to partner Stones. That's not a serious suggestion is it?

There is a fair point to discuss as to whether Evans is good enough but we absolutely need cover for Kompany.
Yes I agree we need cover , just not him or at a silly price. Jesus, is mangala that bad? he might not have to play that often . It would be a particularly annoying signing if nothing else.

I suppose it shows how far we have come that we consider £25m a stop-gap squad addition?

I don't have a problem with him as a personality, but his limitations are totally exposed when he is asked to get touch-tight.

He's still looking for Mario's give and go return.

In saying that, he is better than Tosin and Mangala.

Didn't WBA sign him for 6 million? Now if we had signed him for 18-20 million I would say it was too much for a 29 year old journeyman centre half but any higher and it is insanity. I don't care what he is worth to WBA 20 million should be our top offer take it or leave it. Don't they want one of our has been in part exchange lol?

What we need is 4 excellent centre backs with 2 being top notch, we have 1 top notch centre back who could quite easily miss large parts of the season. If people think relying on kompany, hoping stones improves and otamendi gets more consistent is great then fair enough. Adding an average defender to the mix is not a solution.

We should have been trying our utmost to find a replacement for kompany not a third rate back up to him. Unless we get lucky the centre back situation will turn into the mess that was our fullback fiasco.

Agree with this, few years time Kompany and Otamendi will both be getting on, no point adding Evans too that or we will have a repeat of our fullback situation. We need someone who can be a partner with Stones longer term but good enough to start now.

The fact he played for the rags is the least of my concerns. This debate should be if he is good enough.
I think people don't rate him, but can't articulate why, so default to the "Rag" comment.

He's been a solid defender for a few years now, which would make sense as a 4th CB at £10-15m in this market.

It gives us cover and allows us to chase the coveted two foreign spot forward/midfielders.

But £25m is absolutely nuts - that's where I stand on it.

This will happen. It's just about haggling a fair price.

I'm trying to get over my obvious he's a fucking rag **** bias. I'm still scarred by the way Andy Cole treated us. If he's professional and does his job i will have no problem. If he fancies becoming a Danny Mills looking for a TV job after then he can feck right off.

I would be disappointed if the club listened to fans on social media regarding transfers, rather than one of the most successful coaches of all time.
And to be fair to Pep it is his head on the chopping block.
If he thinks that Evans is better than Mangala fine. I do wonder why Txiki bought him though knowing there was no way on God's earth he was a Guardiola type defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.