It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about dynastic succession, we are actually promoting Tommy Doyle to the first squad

With Nasri off another of our title winners is gone. Done to 4 now Kompany, Silva, Aguero and Yaya. Joe might still be on the books but he'll never play for us again.

How was it clearly earmarked
well if we were truely in for mbapoe that neans that the budget must have allowed for at least spending another 100m easily....we aint getting him now by the looks of things so that money could be put to use by purchasing a much better centre half

so sanchez and evans are now are only 2 targets.

what i dont understand is that we had clearly earmarked 100m plus to go for mbappe...so if we aint going for him/have backed out due to excessive wage demands, why dont we put that money towards buying an actual decent cenrre half instead of scrapping the botton of the barrel for Evans?

Because we were willing to go to the absolute limit to get Mbappe now, that doesn't mean that we have 160 million or whatever to spend elsewhere.

We would have done it for that once in a generation chance, but it would have been a risk insofar as even with amortisation it would probably have limited our ability to spend in future years, or something along those lines.

Basically its like finding out there's an Aston for sale for £5000 down the road. You might throw your whole savings at it because its a once in a lifetime shot and even if the missus is pissed it would be worth it, but if you miss out on it you're not just going to spend that money on two polos and rover 75 just because you were thinking of spending the money anyway.

Because we were willing to go to the absolute limit to get Mbappe now, that doesn't mean that we have 160 million or whatever to spend elsewhere.

We would have done it for that once in a generation chance, but it would have been a risk insofar as even with amortisation it would probably have limited our ability to spend in future years, or something along those lines.

Basically its like finding out there's an Aston for sale for £5000 down the road. You might throw your whole savings at it because its a once in a lifetime shot and even if the missus is pissed it would be worth it, but if you miss out on it you're not just going to spend that money on two polos and rover 75 just because you were thinking of spending the money anyway.
it does mean thst we could use a portion of it to get someone better as opposed to getting a stip gap player with no re-sale value(thats what evans is) and then having to spend nore money in 12-18 months on a new centre half when yoy realise that you need simwine a hell of a whole lot better!

well if we were truely in for mbapoe that neans that the budget must have allowed for at least spending another 100m easily....we aint getting him now by the looks of things so that money could be put to use by purchasing a much better centre half
Not sure it works like that. It's not compulsory we spend all the budget.

As for Evans, he is likely a stop gap to someone we may have identified who isn't avail this window

Don't expect any finalised incoming transfer news before tonight's match finished.

Focus on match then see what we can do to improve squad.

Despite City being very organised this summer we are still likely to see a fair bit of coming and going in the last ten days of the window. We need to sign a new centre back (probably Evans) and a new forward (only likely to be Sanchez). Then new homes have to be found for Delph, Mangala and Bony plus loan moves are likely for Roberts, Adarabioyo and Zinchenko with some more City kids likely to be loaned out (the likes of Bryan and Nemane).

it does mean thst we could use a portion of it to get someone better as opposed to getting a stip gap player with no re-sale value(thats what evans is) and then having to spend nore money in 12-18 months on a new centre half when yoy realise that you need simwine a hell of a whole lot better!

Yeah I agree, I would spend that money on VVD and Sanchez and be done with it, but I don't know all the intricacies of our financial situation etc.

I don't think Evans would be a stop gap anyway, if Pep wants him its because he thinks he can do a job and that won't just be for one season. Regardless I think we're out of the woods on that signing, if we bid we did so because we thought he would be value for money at 18, he obviously wouldn't be for 30 so I hope we are moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.