It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dani Alves and Kolarov changed our plans a lot.

Him moving to PSG has cost us in many ways

Price for both Walker & Mendy went up

We backed away from Bertrand who I would have loved as cover for LB, instead we went for Danilo and have only 3 FBs now.

Kolarov moving made us look for his replacement as 4th choice CB.

Yes we might have had a budget but the above had an effect on it.

If we do still get Sanchez and Evans or another CB we have still had a great window and I'm happy.

Not sure it works like that. It's not compulsory we spend all the budget.

As for Evans, he is likely a stop gap to someone we may have identified who isn't avail this window
i agree on the stop gap bit...we wouldnt even have to spend half of yhe mbappe money to get someone better

i
Like who, and who would want to come?
dont know but i dont have a world wide scouting network at my fingertips nor 10 yrs in the game as a manager with the contacts you amass with that...if i did im sure i could find a centre hald better than Evans....he doesnt even suit the high line we play as he aint particularly mobile. i get he is good on the ball but he will be exposed in our system with no midfield cover in front of him....pep said in his last press cinferancd about the reason why he puts Kompany wider and has stones playing centrally...because that is where the one on ones happen....imagine evans vs premiership fowards one on one 30 -40 yds or more from our goal .he will get ripped to shreads on the break which is the way the vast majority of teams will.play against us

i

dont know but i dont have a world wide scouting network at my fingertips nor 10 yrs in the game as a manager with the contacts you amass with that...if i did im sure i could find a centre hald better than Evans....he doesnt even suit the high line we play as he aint particularly mobile. i get he is good on the ball but he will be exposed in our system with no midfield cover in front of him....pep said in his last press cinferancd about the reason why he puts Kompany wider and has stones playing centrally...because that is where the one on ones happen....imagine evans vs premiership fowards one on one 30 -40 yds or more from our goal .he will get ripped to shreads on the break which is the way the vast majority of teams will.play against us
Mate, I dont want him either, but I am convinced they have not simply thrown a dart at the board and it landed on him

Mate, I dont want him either, but I am convinced they have not simply thrown a dart at the board and it landed on him
Exactly, and if our transfer staff took that approach, I'm sure Evans wouldn't have even been on that dart board to begin with. It seems apparent to me that he is the stop gap for a season or 2 to give Stones time to grow into his role and spare time for suitable CB targets to become available. I'm not that familiar with him, but if he's the anchor for a West Brom defense that doesn't concede all that much, he has to have some sort of quality at the back (although that may be a result of the system/strategy Pulis uses rather than Evans's quality). My only issue with going after him for the price quoted is the difficulty it will be to sell him for at least that price when we find no further need for him.

I can accept the age and his ability, but being an ex rag is irrelevant and the money is currently hearsay. Do I want him, no but I would concede he may improve us
Get what your saying mate. But if he signs, which neither of us want, and has a nightmare start will see if being an ex rag is irrelevant.
I see nothing to indicate any upgrade on the Otter or Mangler, infact I would rather have kept Kolarov as a back up cb. But I am a weird un :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.