Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, he is quick coming off his line, but based on previous seasons I believe this habit of his has more benefits that far outweigh the cons. Due to how we play, teams are likely to get us on the counter, and that requires a keeper who closes the angles very fast. The partnership and teamwork between keeper and the last CB in this instance would be crucial to buy time for the full backs to trackback.

We have seen how hesitant Bravo was last season to close down angles and compared to how brilliant Willy was in 1v1 to save chances that previously would have leaked through Bravo who stays around the 6 yard box.

I agree though that if he were to be taught discipline like how Willy is composed and always alert in front of goal, it would minimise errors due to his style of play.

Would like to see him during the pre match training in the next home game as I usually get a sense of their reflexes.
Currently his coming off the line as quick as he does is a detriment (for example the goal versus the Scum in preseason).

But... I think that our coaching staff can hone this tendency - if Moraes comes off his line in the same fashion that Neuer does... then, IMO, Moraes has a real shot at being the best keeper in the world.

Excellent shot stopper.
Commands his box.
And a special talent - his kicking range is unsurpassed - we will score off his goal kicks.

I think that Moraes will develop into a first rate Sweeper-Keeper in the likes of Neuer - at present though, he's overly aggressive coming off his line.

Nope, He's spot on - to develop that skill he'll have to make mistakes, something many city fans are unforgiving for at times...

I'm wondering if many understand the guys role or the ability to read the game the way he does???

If in doubt punch it out.

I thought he did ok with that one. Went for the ball, realised that Ottamendi was also going for it and was going to win the challenge with the Brighton player, so backed off rather than risk a collision. Seemed ok to me.

He flapped a bit at the other cross but should soon realise that GK's don't automatically get a free kick in the PL in those situations.

He will probably make a few mistakes settling in but I think he will get there, which I havent thought about Bravo.

The cross he "flapped " at was poor communication ,he appeared to collide with a defender , he is a young keeper in a new team and there's also the language issue so we might see a couple of errors early doors , but give him a dozen games and i think we have potentially got a world class keeper on our hands

Bravo was handled harshly last year and I stand by that. Ederson starts off without the luggage of replacing Hart and has a 3 men defence in front of him that he worked with from the off. A fit Kompany, to pick the most important member of the back three, would have given last years' defence a lot more composure that would undoubtly have been reflected on Bravo as well.

So far I really like Ederson and the way he plays. Yes, there is the odd mistake because of the risk he puts in his style of play (probably to Peps' standard of what he wants from a goalkeeper). So what, as long as we score more. Not sure if Pep would have played a back three with Bravo in goal due to the fact that Ederson is really quick and scareless coming of his line. Ideal goalkeeper for a defence playing a high line like we do. And he will get better.

Our goalkeeper situation looks much better now than it did last year. And to me that's all there is to it really.

Bravo was handled harshly last year and I stand by that. Ederson starts off without the luggage of replacing Hart and has a 3 men defence in front of him that he worked with from the off. A fit Kompany, to pick the most important member of the back three, would have given last years' defence a lot more composure that would undoubtly have been reflected on Bravo as well.

So far I really like Ederson and the way he plays. Yes, there is the odd mistake because of the risk he puts in his style of play (probably to Peps' standard of what he wants from a goalkeeper). So what, as long as we score more. Not sure if Pep would have played a back three with Bravo in goal due to the fact that Ederson is really quick and scareless coming of his line. Ideal goalkeeper for a defence playing a high line like we do. And he will get better.

Our goalkeeper situation looks much better now than it did last year. And to me that's all there is to it really.
+1

Strange that Bravo fell off a cliff in performance. But this happens to keepers sometimes - Julio Ceasar, Iiker Casillas both went from top 5 to total crap in the span of one season.

Bravo was excellent at Barca - hopefully he recovers his prior form.

Meanwhile, I too really like Ederson.

I was at the match and I spent some time watching Pickford for his distribution. I thought he was excellent by and large, and I even wondered if we'd made an error not going for him.

Then Ederson did that thing he does. We've got the right guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.