Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's looked confident since he joined.

He definitely looked more nervous yesterday than in preseason. He got through it though, which is massive, because if we had conceded from that spilt cross then the narrative would have been set in the media and he'd have an uphill struggle from there. BT tried their best to make it a talking point despite nothing coming from it.

So we got a little lucky there, but he's going to be world class for us, I'm sure it was just a bit of first game nerves, got his first clean sheet under his belt now.

Not impressed with his performance yesterday.
'Lost' one cross in the air which Otamendi had to clear over the bar and then spilt a corner leading to them nearly scoring.
These were the only two real situations he had to deal with and he failed to deal with both of them.
After unintentionally reading quite a few of your recent "boilerplate" posts across four or five player performance threads I've begun to worry about, Len.

How is your blood sugar? Are you getting enough sleep? Do you need someone to visit the chemists?

Tell us what you need, mate, and we'll help.

He was making his premier league debut , he then spent the majority of the game as a spectator, and was only called upon to be a keeper twice after said long periods of watching , oh and he kept a clean sheet as well cmon give the guy a break !!!

After unintentionally reading quite a few of your recent "boilerplate" posts across four or five player performance threads I've begun to worry about, Len.

How is your blood sugar? Are you getting enough sleep? Do you need someone to visit the chemists?

Tell us what you need, mate, and we'll help.
LOL.
Maybe I could have nuanced the posts a bit i.e. it was his first game,needs to get to know his defenders , Otta getting in the way at the corner etc, but the fact is he had only two real things to do in that game and fluffed them both.
He did a clean take from a simple corner that normally wouldn't warrant a mention - except that Joe would have punched it - so there is some progress of sorts there.
The Len Rum school of goalkeeping will be watching closely.
PS Wished we'd got Begovitch and saved 30M.
PPS ok on the meds mate, but if you're down at the chemists if you could pick up some of those pills, forget what they're called, Niagra I think. Cheers.

LOL.
Maybe I could have nuanced the posts a bit i.e. it was his first game,needs to get to know his defenders , Otta getting in the way at the corner etc, but the fact is he had only two real things to do in that game and fluffed them both.
He did a clean take from a simple corner that normally wouldn't warrant a mention - except that Joe would have punched it - so there is some progress of sorts there.
The Len Rum school of goalkeeping will be watching closely.
PS Wished we'd got Begovitch and saved 30M.
PPS ok on the meds mate, but if you're down at the chemists if you could pick up some of those pills, forget what they're called, Niagra I think. Cheers.

How much do you think Chelsea would've sold Begovic to us for?

He was making his premier league debut , he then spent the majority of the game as a spectator, and was only called upon to be a keeper twice after said long periods of watching , oh and he kept a clean sheet as well cmon give the guy a break !!!
Exactly - we must not listen to the odd pundit who will pick on his every mistake as though he's robbed your grandmother. He will be fantastic for us and this post sums up yesterday's performance precisely. One down 37 to go.

I normally agree with Len on most things goalkeeping but the notion that Begovic is good enough still is laughable. He's a bench warmer at a top club, not a number one candidate.

I really like Moraes - might eventually become the best keeper in the world. He does seem to be really prone to coming off his line though. Hopefully our coaches can teach a bit more discipline in this regard.

I really like Moraes - might eventually become the best keeper in the world. He does seem to be really prone to coming off his line though. Hopefully our coaches can teach a bit more discipline in this regard.

True, he is quick coming off his line, but based on previous seasons I believe this habit of his has more benefits that far outweigh the cons. Due to how we play, teams are likely to get us on the counter, and that requires a keeper who closes the angles very fast. The partnership and teamwork between keeper and the last CB in this instance would be crucial to buy time for the full backs to trackback.

We have seen how hesitant Bravo was last season to close down angles and compared to how brilliant Willy was in 1v1 to save chances that previously would have leaked through Bravo who stays around the 6 yard box.

I agree though that if he were to be taught discipline like how Willy is composed and always alert in front of goal, it would minimise errors due to his style of play.

Would like to see him during the pre match training in the next home game as I usually get a sense of their reflexes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.