City v Bournemouth post match

This could go in so many threads (referees, Sterling, etc etc) but, as the Bishop said to the actress, I'll stick it in here. Apparently, this is the official UEFA ruling on goal celebrations;

DIOCfWLXgAAijgx.jpg

If that is in fact correct, what exactly did Raheem get his second yellow card for? Answers on a postcard to PGMOL....

This could go in so many threads (referees, Sterling, etc etc) but, as the Bishop said to the actress, I'll stick it in here. Apparently, this is the official UEFA ruling on goal celebrations;

DIOCfWLXgAAijgx.jpg

If that is in fact correct, what exactly did Raheem get his second yellow card for? Answers on a postcard to PGMOL....

Well I think you are forgetting that refs bring out their own rule book when dealing with City so normal rules dont apply I'm afraid.

DIOCfWLXgAAijgx.jpg

That's pretty conclusive that Dean SHOULD have simply used common sense and usher the players back to the kick off with no cautions.

https://www.theukrules.co.uk/rules/sport/football/soccer-team-goal-celebrations.html
Clearly Dean was making it up as he went along Sterling didn't leave the grass, or climb the fence, or pull his shirt over his head, or take too long celebrating (he should have been warned first for this anyway).
I really can't see which of the rules Sterling should have broken. I rewatched the game this morning and noticed that when Bournemouth scored to 1-0 their player (forgot the name) left the pitch and celebrated in front of their fans in the corner. Why was that allowed without problems and Sterling booked?

I really can't see which of the rules Sterling should have broken. I rewatched the game this morning and noticed that when Bournemouth scored to 1-0 their player (forgot the name) left the pitch and celebrated in front of their fans in the corner. Why was that allowed without problems and Sterling booked?
Why do you think? ;-)

Great character and desire shown by the team.
Was also pleasing to see the reaction at the end from the players and the fans.
In Mendy we have a born winner with some attitude which i like.
Good start to the season.

Charlie Daniels. Him and his band had a hit once, you know?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.