Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

How about comparing Evans and VVD.

Evans 3 year deal, 30m transfer, amortization 10m a year.

VVD 5 year deal, 60m transfer, amortization 12m a year.

I am in complete shock we are actually going for Evans over VVD. Little difference in accounting but major difference in actual value.
I assume VVD. Has been sounded out and doesn't want to come or Saints are taking the absolute piss with money they are asking

Well seeing that Southampton have stated on more than one occasion that VVD is not available,we can scrub his name of the list.

Of course they are going to say that, they want to extract the most value. In the meantime they went out and bought two centerbacks and currently have a total of 6 CBs on their books. A little excessive for me.

And who keeps telling you that he`ll be 4th choice ? Its a fucking squad game,theres no such thing as a best eleven,that so 1960/70`s.

If we wanted him badly or any other CB this summer we'd have bought him in time for the pre-season tour like Bernardo. He's 4th choice. A back up. Call it what ever you like.

Agreed.

How about comparing Evans and VVD.

Evans 3 year deal, 30m transfer, amortization 10m a year.

VVD 5 year deal, 60m transfer, amortization 12m a year.

I am in complete shock we are actually going for Evans over VVD. Little difference in accounting but major difference in actual value.
The reason we are going for Evans over VVD I'd imagine is that Evans is being looked at as a squad player, someone who can lead in Vinnies absence if needed. VVD would want to play week in week out. That's not what Pep is looking for

southampton are not preparing his sale, they have stated already that he is not for sale.

Mate, do you seriously believe clubs always say exactly what they mean. Don't be so gulliable.

Southampton now have 6 centerbacks on their books, VVD is 100% leaving. The only question is where.

Since they've said he's not for sale, they've went out and bought two centerbacks......

Coming from a Northern Ireland fan I can assure you there are going to be a lot of City fans eating their words. If you can get passed the fact that he was brought up a red ( but he's a professional footballer ffs ) , you will soon realise he is a good defender.
I never have a problem with ex Rags signing for us ricky ... unlike one or two.Mind you I remember reading someone on one of the threads, that he does not have one mate who is a Rag ... as he`s very picky as to who his friends are.That about sums one or two of the numpties we have on here at times.

Mate, do you seriously believe clubs always say exactly what they mean. Don't be so gulliable.

Southampton now have 6 centerbacks on their books, VVD is 100% leaving. The only question is where.

Since they've said he's not for sale, they've went out and bought two centerbacks......
Not convinced he will leave at all, we will see by Thursday I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.