It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, regardless of what happens with Sanchez (who I think we will get) it's been a very good window for City. Bringing in Ederson, Walker, Mendy, Danilo and Bernardo Silva whilst getting rid of a lot of dead wood is far from "very average".

When you say we will get someone always puts a smile on my face. :)

I can almost smell the welcome video!

Think people underestimate what a difficult window this has been for us. Inflated prices (kudos to Txiki that finalized the deals early), lots of deadwood to get rid of, fullback issues (not made easier by Dani Alves), and an aging squad. No matter how it turns out the last two days, it's been an amazing window, which have set us up well for the future. Very confident Sanchez and Evans will come as well before it shuts though.

Yep, regardless of what happens with Sanchez (who I think we will get) it's been a very good window for City. Bringing in Ederson, Walker, Mendy, Danilo and Bernardo Silva whilst getting rid of a lot of dead wood is far from "very average".

ederson / willy
walker / zabba
mendy / clichy
danilo / sagna
evans / kolarov
bernardo / navas
alexis / nolito

how could anyone say we haven't upgraded?!?!

Ha, I'm cautiously optimistic. Not long left though.

End of this window can't come soon enough. Been far too much angst even by our very angsty standards. Surprised that a few people have been critical of it TBH. For the most part it's been excellent. If you write the players down in a list it's hard to think of a club who have had a better single window in the last few years. Especially when you consider we took two players from direct rivals.

On Sanchez ... how do you feel about the fee potentially landing at 70/75 million ?

At some point in the next 40 hours we will be seeing Sanchez holding a blue shirt and smiling, probably with #9 on the back.

Also I think the fee will end up at £54m plus addons. We can make a guessing game out of it.

At some point in the next 40 hours we will be seeing Sanchez holding a blue shirt and smiling, probably with #9 on the back.

Also I think the fee will end up at £54m plus addons. We can make a guessing game out of it.

My guess is Arsenal will put it out there City have paid 75 million for Sanchez, City will say 60 million plus add ons!

On Sanchez ... how do you feel about the fee potentially landing at 70/75 million ?

It's expensive for a player of his age going in to the final year of his contract, but it's preferable to including Sterling in the deal! Could be the difference between us winning the title and not, so hopefully it gets done even if it ends up being £70m.

We've done well in incomings I wouldn't say we have shifted much dead wood yet, hopefully we will, Nasri, Fernando and Nolito but Hart is still with us and there were several whose contracts had expired and didn't have to be shifted.
We currently still have Mangala Bony Denayer & Delph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.