Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear you may be right re De Boer but if Palace sack him they need to take a long hard look at themselves - after a recent string of long ball managers they clearly hired De Boer to change their style and approach. They must have known what they were hiring. They lose a couple of games and they are seriously considering Roy Hodgeson. Good god. I hope they go down if they sack De Boer.

I'll be wishing relegation on them too if De Boer goes. I hate the journey to their ground even though it is relatively close to me.

Having to pick between Mangala and Evans is bizarre. Almost like pre Abu Dhabi.

I hope this is the first position we address next time.

VVD alongside Kompany would be ideal.

So much time and money wasted on this key position.

Otherwise a good window.

I'll be wishing relegation on them too if De Boer goes. I hate the journey to their ground even though it is relatively close to me.

I've got a 100% win record at Palace. The 13/14 match ranks very highly in my favourite days watching City. Its also one of the few greater London grounds where I can be sure of a ticket. I want 3 out of Bournemouth, Brighton, Swansea & Southampton to be relegated. I've nothing against those clubs its just that they're the most difficult for me to get to and/or get a ticket.

I've got a 100% win record at Palace. The 13/14 match ranks very highly in my favourite days watching City. Its also one of the few greater London grounds where I can be sure of a ticket. I want 3 out of Bournemouth, Brighton, Swansea & Southampton to be relegated. I've nothing against those clubs its just that they're the most difficult for me to get to and/or get a ticket.

Going off ticket a bit but I have managed to get tickets for last two league games at Palace and I have been there plenty of times over the years but it's a horrid journey, whichever route.

I've also been to last two league games at Swansea, which is further than Palace, but not as far from home as the Etihad, and I have really enjoyed going there: it's a very straight-forward trip. Southampton is closer than both but can't always get a ticket; did last season though. Not got a sniff of a ticket for the other two; although both are OK to get to.

Swings and roundabouts JFE v Manga. Not sure who is better overall but Mangala's pace differentiates him from the rest of our CB's and JFE.

I like Mangala and hope he can recreate that first game he had for us whenever he appears.

Yes that first game against Chelsea everyone thought we bought the other half of the best CB duo in the league. Mangala-Kompany. The right fit for Vinny. The media was singing praises of him.

Then came the own goal, Kompany's injury, errors from him, and Joe Hart constantly shouting in his ear, he became timid, unlike the Beast that he was said to be. His confidence was shot and wearing the City shirt is like a curse to him.

I don't think we'll ever see Mangala in his best with City except for a few glimpses. He feels he is treading on thin ice and his interviews have shown that. All his talk last season of trying harder for the club, the next season is his season to show his worth, he wants to show the fans what he can do, and then he got loaned. But I commend him for not wanting to leave before proving himself even though that chance is unlikely given how Pep might see him now.

Mangala's also close with the others, Sterling particularly. He likes being a City player but it's increasingly hard when he's not rated by Pep.

Palace coming back from 3 goals down against the Dippers the year they won the league in April. One of the most enjoyable matched I've ever watched. How could any City fan forget that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.