Eliaquim Mangala

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by karen7, 20 Jun 2017.

1. blueparrot

blueparrot

Think you are overestimating a bit, my guess would be end of next season for Aguero, end of this season for Toure and probably Fernandinho. Silva 2 more years but we could already have his replacement with Bernardo, Foden and Brahim. Kompany could be anything from 1-3 years.

2. Dribble

Dribble

It all depends on performances as we've already seen. Yes Bernardo was obviously signed as Silva's long term replacement, but I Silva were to retire today, beyond Bernardo & KDB, we'd be short of options as Foden & Brahim clearly aren't ready yet.

What I suggested isn't my gospel, but it's based on us bidding for big name players in the future to replace the retiring big name players we currently have and not having to make the wholesale changes we made this summer.

3. blueparrot

blueparrot

Bit off topic so just say this.Depends on January but I think if we had got Sanchez and Evans then next summer we would have gone for 2 C.M, 1 CB and a left back 4 in total. Unless we do it in January we would probably need another C.B and a forward so 6 which is a bit more wholesale than I think the club wanted in a world cup summer, so I'd expect us to be a bit more active in January than we are normally.

4. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

I think we'll get Sanchez and Evans in January. May also get another left back, possibly Rose.

5. dobingsdobber

dobingsdobber

As good as Lescott and he did o.k.

6. SWP's back

SWP's back

No but he could force his way in via cup competitions etc. 60+ games and 4 centre backs. He will get game time and I hope he comes good.

Training with Pep and doing rondos every day can only help his passing.

Edit. Just seen the guy you replied to originally made mention of injuries and then edited it and I hadn't seen.

7. Twingatz

Twingatz

I think he will get game time, but only in cup competitions. Also if he is ok with being the 4th choice CB I would even recommend keeping him until the end of the season. I don't think he would be that bad if he is far down the pecking order.

8. SWP's back

SWP's back

Lescott would be awful in our team now sadly.

9. BlueMedic

BlueMedic

Like I say it seems to be concentration half the time. And he actually passes better with his right foot seemingly. He's an odd player to watch, I hope he succeeds as he seems to have a great attitude, but I just don't see him getting used by Pep at all.

10. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

Left back or left centre half. He can do a job. Has lots of pace too. He will do well if he doesn't have to worry about covering the mistakes of others.