City v Liverpool (Home) Pre-Match Thread

City v Liverpool prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although Bernardo has shown glimpses of class, imo he hasn't properly fitted into the system yet. I'm not sure I would include him.

Sane has been bang out of form, but this has been the case before and he has exploded into big games out of nowhere. I'd be tempted to throw him in and not ask him to focus too much on defensive duties.

Sterling is Sterling, you just don't know what you're going to get. Although I would be tempted to start him as they could be vulnerable down the flanks.

Sane Jesus. Sterling

That would be my front line. Everything behind, as you were.

Sterling is banned for the game .

I think we can win this game, having said that I've been disappointed in Pep tactically so far. There hasn't been many big games where he has outsmarted the opposing manager yet.

Sterling is banned for the game .

Whoopsie. With the break I completely forgot. Would be tempted to play Jesus on the left possibly. Although I feel he is an out and out centre forward and he and Aguero try to fill the same spaces when they play. Not sure. Could be an idea to use Yaya's experience for this game, especially with Vinny out.

If pep has got any sense Mangala won't be anywhere near the side tomorrow because he is not the player for the quick feet and movement of the Liverpool players up front. The last time he played against Liverpool at home he had an absolute nightmare of a game.

I suspect it will be a back 4 tomorrow because if not it makes the decision not to buy another cb even more stupid.

I personally would bring Yaya in to sit in front of the back 4.

I certainly understand what you're saying. But with Kompany being injured so early in the season it doesn't seem that Pep has much choice other than to integrate Mangala back into the squad. I dont think that he'll want to play a back 4 relying on Stones-Otamendi every game. Of course, he could wait for an easier fixture before re-introducing Mangala but there might be some merit in biting the bullet and getting him in straight away. Perhaps playing on the left of a 3 will be easier for him.

-------------------Ederson
Walker------Stones-----Ota-------Mendy

---------------------Fern

-------------Kev--------------Silva

Bernardo----------------------------Jesus

-------------------Aguero

With Kompany I was leaning towards 3 at the back, but now I think this team almost picks itself.
Looks about right to me ..but still cannot decide on Jesus or Sane on the left

looking forward to what I hope will be the game of the season so far

Ederson
Walker
Otamendi
Stones
Mendy
Fernandinho
D. Silva
KDB
Sane
Aguero
Jesus

Walker and Jesus down the right to overload their weak spot Moreno. Jesus isn't convincing on the left (better at right forward imo), which means picking Sane over Bernardo

Prediction: 3-2. Aguero, Jesus and De Bruyne to score. Gundogan to come on late and assist our winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.