City v Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Unfortunately, we saw the problem with the 3-5-2 formation in the first 30 minutes. Any centre half is going to get drawn inside and the wing backs are pushed on so far that the easy ball is into the channels where the space is. Liverpool have the pace to do damage in behind that other clubs won't have.

For f*ck sake Otamendi haters give it a rest, there is not a central defender in the world who can match pace with a decent winger because they have to have enough bulk for the physical stuff.
If they could match a decent winger for pace, they'd be a winger.

Can anyone link me to the pic of Ederson before the medics got on the pitch? Looks like it was taken on a phone, can't find it anywhere! Saw it somewhere yesterday.
fbba16ebbf1f225a53804759b9ea74a4.png

Been at centre Parcs all weekend , really enjoyed watching it in the sports bar with the Mickys .
Does anyone know why Yaya wasn't in the squad ? Sorry if already discussed
Champions League game on Wed. Danilo could have stepped forward if necessary.

Last edited:
I thought both teams were very poor in the first half. Our passing was shit aside from the brilliant pass for the opening goal. We barely strung more than four passes together in one go in their half. But they were just as bad. Our three centre halves were all over the shop n'all. Otamendi had a mare against Salah; Stones was slicing clearances backwards and kept backing off on their breaks to the point of them getting into our box with a one man dribble from the halfway line (see Fernandinho's booking as an example of that where he had to bring down Mane on the edge of the box before he just ran into the box to get a shot away - very poor defending from Stones that and he does it all the time); and Danilo kept giving it away time and again. But i thought their defenders were just as bad. Poor from both sides!

Then we scored but Edesrson still had to make a few saves and a few clearances to get our defenders or midfielders who'd given it away out of the shit and we ballsed up passing in their half which lead to their break where we didn't close the man down and our back three were all over the shop and Mane 'de Jong' kicked Ederson in the head but that could easily have resulted in an equaliser.

From there we settled down but i think we were the same in the first half hour at Bournemouth.

After that we hammered them and it could have been more. It has been a long time coming against those fuckers that result. I absolutely loved handing them a good hiding. Some of our passing and crossing showed Klopp and his players up to be a bit of a gutless bunch of cowards with no defensive tactics. Ten men shouldn't be capitulating like that so where i think we have a hell of a lot of work to do, i think Liverpool have a lot more!

And shame on their fans for booing Ederson when he was stretchered off. Highlights what a horrible set of ****s Scousers are.
20 minutes in, the odds-on a 5-0 win must have been very slim indeed. it was a very even contest

De Bruyne's pass to aguero was pefect though. Jesus looked very dangerous too. We really have to play Jesus as the central striker as much as possible because his speed makes it possible for our midfielders to find him. Aguero is a quality finisher...he could have scored a hat-trick... but he's easier to bottle up that Jesus who is an absolute livewire and reminds me of Aguero when he first came to City

Still got a lot to come into City eg Bernardo Silva. I can see teams scoring against us though if we play 3 at the back all the time. It gives teams a way of getting at us

Fair point, so why put him one on one with Salah?

Because the bloke we pay god knows how many millions a year says so ;0), the way Pep wants to play will inevitably mean we will get caught with the full backs up the pitch at some stage of some games (And the likes of Salah will give a "Proper" full back trouble sometimes anyway), he thinks its worth the risk to have the firepower up front.

Otto does the job Pep gives him,thats good enough reason for me.

For f*ck sake Otamendi haters give it a rest, there is not a central defender in the world who can match pace with a decent winger because they have to have enough bulk for the physical stuff.
Agree, he was completely exposed for that first part of the game and anyone preferring Mangala, is a fuckin comedian.

to be fair, it could be argued that Salah was put one on one with Ota, and that wherever Ota played, so would have Salah
Much easier to get Salah on the ball by playing the ball down the line against a back 3. A back 3 can't cover the entire back line so if you play a ball down the line then Salah could get on it time and time again and then be one on one with Otamendi. If Salah was central he would not have had as much opportunity to use his pace to get on the ball.

I'm not criticising Otamendi more that what happened was very predictable and presented liverpool with a very easy way of attacking our goal. Guardiola was fortunate to escape because if they'd have scored first then it would have been a very different game. We need to learn from this experience

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.