What's the best you've ever seen City play?

My Father says; City 6 West Bromwich 1 in the 1968 Charity Shield

I am glad to say there are to many, and most the memorable ones are away from home when we tub a team by 5 or 6. We are blessed these days by some quite unique beautiful football two or three times a season.

It sticks in my mind tevez comeback away to Norwich under Mancini we won 6-1.. Tevez and Aguero hitting shots in from all angles and it was the start of the comeback to the title.

The first half of Spurs away 13/14. We literally camped them in their own half for the first half hour and should have been 6-0 up. It's also the most electrifying I've ever seen Sergio. He unfortunately pulled his hamstring right before half-time in this game but we still went on to win 5-1.

The first half of Spurs away 13/14. We literally camped them in their own half for the first half hour and should have been 6-0 up. It's also the most electrifying I've ever seen Sergio. He unfortunately pulled his hamstring right before half-time in this game but we still went on to win 5-1.

Was at that game mate. Wasn't it the second half where we more tore them apart. They had a player sent off just before the break.

My Father says; City 6 West Bromwich 1 in the 1968 Charity Shield

Great footage.
A young Asa Hartford in opposition...who actually gave the ball away for our opening goal..
Noticed the Liverpool fans in the North stand terrace,with their flag,...how times have changed eh?
The single wba goal is quite funny as the forward clearly cannot use his left foof,and nearly falls over himself in his desperation to get his right foot around the ball to knock it into an empty net...
The final goal by Lee is fantastic for oh so many reasons...,not least the commentary " Lee! ..Sick swan"

People saying 3-3 draws as our 'best ever performance'. Does part of a 'performance' not include defending?

Another vote for 1-0 Utd 11/12. The highest of high pressure games and we completely shut Fergie's Utd down. You didn't do that to Utd in that era and we did it comfortably in front of a tv audience of about 700 million people.

In fact that entire season at home we looked unstoppable. Going to the game you just didn't think anything other than the 3 points was guaranteed no matter who we played, think we only dropped 2 points at home that whole year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.