Players who did much better than you expected at City

Gio Kinkladze - I’d never heard of him and he looked much too small and ‘waif like’ for English football. I remember my rag mates laughing at us buying him but he proved a lot of people wrong.

I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by Kolarov. Also didn’t expect him to get as many caps as a blue!

Super Kev. Joined the club at the wrong time and thought he was just probably another in the seemingly endless cycle of players to come and go between 96-98.

Didn't have much pace, wasn't necessarily the strongest. But he could tackle, had nous, could read the game...and that wand of a left foot! Hard to think of too many others who had a more consistently positive influence on City between 1998 and 2002. Goater maybe.

Easily in my top 5 favourite City players of all time.

Last edited:
I'd go with Barry as well. Honourable mentions to Bosvelt and Hamman who did more than I expected for journeymen on their last payday and Weikens who turned it round as a centre half
Gareth Barry. Thought he was the sort of midfield journeyman who wouldn't elevate us to the next level. Misjudged the man.

Super Kev. Joined the club at the wrong time and thought he was just probably another in the seemingly endless cycle of players to come and go between 96-98.

Didn't have much pace, wasn't necessarily the strongest. But he could tackle, had nous, could read the game...and that wand of a left foot! Hard to think of too many others who had a more consistently positive influence on City between 1998 and 2002. Goater maybe.

Easily in my top 5 favourite City players of all time.

Didn’t he experience either promotion or relegation in five of the six seasons he was with us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.