Album of the day - The Stone Roses (The Stone Roses)

For a debut Album it is a good as any, and stands the test of time, great LP tgat is in my top ten fav albums

The only point i'd take real issue with on the OP is the reference to the music on this album capturing the height of the rave scene. Not sure which rave scene they have in mind, but the music on here - as good as it is - has sweet fa to do with rave. The only track they had which was played out meaningfully in clubs was Fool's Gold, and that's not on the LP.
In terms of the record, the second half of Resurrection is up there with anything in rock.

I've played this album more than any other album I have, or ever have had.

It never gets old and just when you think you've heard all there is to hear on the album, another play of it and you notice something you've never heard before, such is the intricacy of the tracks and the melodies.

A masterpiece of the era....... and of all time

The only point i'd take real issue with on the OP is the reference to the music on this album capturing the height of the rave scene. Not sure which rave scene they have in mind, but the music on here - as good as it is - has sweet fa to do with rave. The only track they had which was played out meaningfully in clubs was Fool's Gold, and that's not on the LP.
In terms of the record, the second half of Resurrection is up there with anything in rock.

Madchester is a music and cultural scene that developed in the Manchester area of the United Kingdom in the late 1980s, in which artists merged alternative rock with acid house culture and other sources, including psychedelia and 1960s pop.The label was popularised by the British music press in the early 1990s,and included groups such as Happy Mondays, the Stone Roses, Inspiral Carpets, and The Charlatans, amongst others.

The rave-influenced scene is widely seen as heavily influenced by drugs, especially ecstasy (MDMA). At that time, the Haçienda nightclub, co-owned by members of New Order, was a major catalyst for the distinctive musical ethos in the city that was called the Second Summer of Love.

Madchester is a music and cultural scene that developed in the Manchester area of the United Kingdom in the late 1980s, in which artists merged alternative rock with acid house culture and other sources, including psychedelia and 1960s pop.The label was popularised by the British music press in the early 1990s,and included groups such as Happy Mondays, the Stone Roses, Inspiral Carpets, and The Charlatans, amongst others.

The rave-influenced scene is widely seen as heavily influenced by drugs, especially ecstasy (MDMA). At that time, the Haçienda nightclub, co-owned by members of New Order, was a major catalyst for the distinctive musical ethos in the city that was called the Second Summer of Love.
He was bang on with what he said. Trust us we were there. Wikipedia wasn't.

Played it to death for years on end. Even now, almost 30 years later, the tunes on it still sound brilliant, and take me back to being 15 in a resurgent Manchester. A tie when the city was finding its feet again after years of neglect. The clubs were pumping and we all knew something special was happening. Am just glad to have experienced it, and this album was just one at the time that captured that feeling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.