Album of the day - The Stone Roses (The Stone Roses)

What an album and what a year. I was 16 year old and went to Bradford in May, Roses at the Empress Ballroom in August, Maine Road Massacre in September and Happy Mondays at the Free Trade Hall in November. Best year of my life. Also did the Baseball Ground for the 0-6 and saw The Man from Delmonte live but i've blanked them out now.

He was bang on with what he said. Trust us we were there. Wikipedia wasn't.

Thank you mate; saved me the job. Thing is, my post wasn't even attempting to slag off the Roses in any way whatsoever - but we all know that *musically* that album had nowt to do with rave.

Thank you mate; saved me the job. Thing is, my post wasn't even attempting to slag off the Roses in any way whatsoever - but we all know that *musically* that album had nowt to do with rave.
But the roses used to put raves on and play at em, Ian Brown has said many times that they'd just turn up unannounced and start gigging. Maybe that's where the indie/rave crossover got mixed up.

But the roses used to put raves on and play at em, Ian Brown has said many times that they'd just turn up unannounced and start gigging. Maybe that's where the indie/rave crossover got mixed up.

Yep, can well imagine that's was the case & im sure the DJ's at Spike Island etc played rave tunes during the event / before their show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.