Breaking records/stats thread

“A penalty shoot-out (officially kicks from the penalty mark)[1] is a method of determining the winner of an association football match that cannot end in a draw but where the score is tied after the regulation playing time as well as extra time (if used) have expired. ”

city won the match on penalties ,let me say that again ,

city won the match on penalties , once more for the hard of thinking

city won the match on penalties

now to those saying we drew the match, the match was a cup game ,the rules are ,if the game is level after 90 mins then the game continues for another 30 mins ,if the game is still level then penalties will decide the result ,we won on penalties ,so therefore we won the match
Correct.
The tie was straight knockout! Would only have been classed as a draw "if a replay was an option". No replay so there has to be a winner, after 120mins + penalty shootout WE WERE THE WINNERS! Happy day's are here again.

I wonder if Ferguson's Champs League win v Chelsea, counts amongst his number of wins.

Some may question whether progressing via a penalty shoot-out should be regarded as a victory, but every cup final settled from the 12-yard spot proves the adage that ‘a win’s a win.’

Our last trophy lift – the 2016 League Cup – was decided by penalties, whilst even one of Sir Alex Ferguson’s proudest records - his 100th win in Europe - also went into the record books by virtue of a shoot-out!

I’m with @domalino on this one, it’s not a win so our consecuive win streak has ended. The result is a DRAW.

Both us and Wolves are going into the draw for the next round.

Last edited:
so we did not win the league cup final vs the red bin dippers on pens so it was a draw then

This was a knockout game... you can't draw those, we won so the winning streak still stands. Even if you wanted to be that picky(what's next extra time goals don't count because they didn't score in regular time?), to be unbeaten for this long is still significant.

Aguero still needs one more goal to get his record, that we can all agree on.

Also lets be fair it's not a major competition anyway, our record for the league is what matters and the CL individually if we can.

Last edited:
I suppose the point can be made that unlike in a league match, everyone knows if it's level after extra time there will be penalties. So sides aren't settling for a draw, they know it will have a definitive outcome with a winner.

I did think of this as a draw initially, but I'm beginning to come round, not least because all of those references to England defeats on penalties.

As far as I can see all the records that count will now state our record winning run is at 12 games, so if some posters on a forum dont agree that's up to them, doesn't mean anything though .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.