The Boxing thread

I think AJ was just as annoyed at the early stoppage as anyone else. Bit of a shame for Takam but he got the benefit of doubt with the cuts before then, hadn't won a single round and didn't look like he had it in him to get a KO which is the only hope he had.

As the pundits said AJ would have made easier work for that fight had he been preparing to fight Takam in training camp, so he didn't take him apart but it's a good measure of how far AJ has come to give a shutout performance like that, he looks a fully fledged professional now rather than a fighter coming up. Takam might have lasted the 12 given how tough he is but I had a feeling he was beginning to wilt a bit which wouldn't have been good for him with the rest of the rounds left.

Regarding AJ vs Fury I'd like to see it and I think it's the hardest fight out there for AJ should he come back and get in shape(doubtful and there will be excuses if he does and loses). He has a chance of outpointing him but I think Fury is overrated by some boxing fans, anyone who's really watched a lot of his fights before Wlad Klitschko would know the shape he was in for that fight was not the norm, infact I'd say that's the best shape he'd ever been in for a fight because he's never been this tremendous disciplined athlete some try and make out he used to be, nor is he known for one punch knockout power. AJ beat a better version of Wlad with something to prove and did it more explosively, Fury bamboozled a flat Wlad with his awkwardness, I know which I think is the better win.

Until then I say he should go for Parkers belt next and then a megafight with Wilder and he beats both of them for me, beating Wilder will settle his place as the top heavyweight once and for all. He beats Wilder already(his boxing resume is already better) but the exciting thing is he is still learning and has a ceiling to put him way above a fighter like Wilder in my book.

Last edited:
Didn't AJ say the fight would go 10 rounds and hey presto, the fight is stopped in the 10th.

A career as a fortune teller awaits for when he hangs his gloves up and if a few bets have been placed on his predictions then i'm sure financially he will be sorted ;-)

Didn't AJ say the fight would go 10 rounds and hey presto, the fight is stopped in the 10th.

A career as a fortune teller awaits for when he hangs his gloves up and if a few bets have been placed on his predictions then i'm sure financially he will be sorted ;-)

You do have to wonder, it seemed to me it looked like he was hanging back after getting him in trouble earlier but then I am just a bitter **** who backed him to knock him out in the early rounds.

Should have known better tbh and I certainly won't be betting on boxing again.

Oh and I only posted my comment during the fight after the commentator mentioned that AJ said the fight would be over between 10 and 12 rounds.

Sky bet price boosted it to 50/1 which was handy as I put a fiver on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.