January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can temporarily exclude Mendy from the squad until summer.

But then what happens next season? We have 2 LBs plus Delph. I assume if we sell Mangala and Yaya we will replace them with players who play their position DM and CB. I assume we will also buy Sanchez if he wants to come we should not pass up the opportunity. Our squad would look like this
Ederson
Bravo
Danilo
Kompany
Otamendi
New CB
Mendy
New LB
Fernandihno
NEw DM
Gundogan
De Bruyne
Silva
Aguero
Jesus
Sane
B Silva
Sanchez
That is 18 foreign players. That is one 1 to many. Its possible that Maybe the new CB or LB will be english but we are only allowed 21 players who are not academy trained. Of that 21 only 17 can be foreign. So if you add Sterling, Stones, Walker and Delph that adds up to 22 players.

I have to say it but somebody will have to be cut/dropped. And of that group idoubt anyone of them would be happy about it.

Honestly, as much as I have to admit it, I feel Delph is the expendable one in that group, Given that we have 2 designated LBs. The only other players who could be let go are Fernandihno or Danilo or Bravo .

Honestly, as much as I have to admit it, I feel Delph is the expendable one in that group, Given that we have 2 designated LBs. The only other players who could be let go are Fernandihno or Danilo or Bravo .

If Bravo keeps current good form, getting rid of him doesn't make sense, he's world's best cup keeper.
Danilo has just joined, selling him would be absurd.

So, we're left with the only solution: sell/loan Delph.

For every foreigner that comes in one has to go. Delph isn't forreign and he's not out of contract till July 2020. So why get rid? More to the point, will he want to go?
He's done more than enough for me to keep his place - especially as he doesn't block anyone coming in.

Last edited:
For every foreigner that comes in one has to go. Delph isn't forreign and he's not out of contract till July 2020. So why get rid? He's done more than enough for me to keep his place - especially as he doesn't block anyone coming in.
Sorry, I meant possible incoming of Bertrand but forgot to mention it in the post.

Sorry, I meant possible incoming of Bertrand but forgot to mention it in the post.

Fair enough. I like Bertrand. - I would nick name him Plastic - and he'd have a great song! I still think there would be a place for Delph mind.

It’s time we started leaving room for players like Maffeo and Roden. If we didn’t sign a full back or yet another attacking midfielder, or Sanchez for that matter, I would be happy.

If we're like most top clubs, we already have rough plans of which players will be going at the end of this season. If I had to guess I'd go with something like this:

Summer 2018-
Touré (Free)
Mangala (However much we can get)
Bravo (See above)
Zinchenko (Unless he finds regular minutes from somewhere)
Adarabioyo (See above)

Unless we buy anyone in January (not usually our style) that's five of our 24-man squad gone. Players like David Silva, Fernandinho, Vincent Kompany and possibly Sergio Aguero could be going the summer after that- they'll all be 31+ and the younger players in the squad will be able to step up. At that point, Foden and Diaz will still be pretty young and there will be more space for them.

Bravo a first choice goal keeper should want to leave dependent on Sanchez ? bring in Gunn
RB fine
RCB if Stones continues his form we could run with Adarabioyo as back up and Kompany might find himself frozen out
LCB Ottamendi may chose to leave if we buy big in january VVD, Mangala will leave in the summer buy English young with potential Mings
LB buy young English with potential Henry in the summer as he is injured now do a LOAN in january , we should not buy experience in january
defences grow over time played together and need a hierarchy there is no need for a foreigner to be back up,
this changes the way we look at the attack and midfield

Andreas Christensen would be hoemgrown if Chelsea decided to part ways

Really?? That is a major plus.

Pep was speaking to him after the Chelsea match if I’m not mistaken.

Looks like a quality defender. We should test the waters with a £30m bid in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.