January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?? That is a major plus.

Pep was speaking to him after the Chelsea match if I’m not mistaken.

Looks like a quality defender. We should test the waters with a £30m bid in the summer.
We have been watching this kid for a while,long before Peps arrival.If there is the slightest hint he wants out,i reckon we'll be all over him.

We have been watching this kid for a while,long before Peps arrival.If there is the slightest hint he wants out,i reckon we'll be all over him.

Hope so mate. Think we’ll have the opportunity as I predict Conte will get the sack by the end of the season and go back to Italy. So there will be some instability.

Only 21 and could form a great partnership with Stones for many years.

But then what happens next season? We have 2 LBs plus Delph. I assume if we sell Mangala and Yaya we will replace them with players who play their position DM and CB. I assume we will also buy Sanchez if he wants to come we should not pass up the opportunity. Our squad would look like this
Ederson
Bravo
Danilo
Kompany
Otamendi
New CB
Mendy
New LB
Fernandihno
NEw DM
Gundogan
De Bruyne
Silva
Aguero
Jesus
Sane
B Silva
Sanchez
That is 18 foreign players. That is one 1 to many. Its possible that Maybe the new CB or LB will be english but we are only allowed 21 players who are not academy trained. Of that 21 only 17 can be foreign. So if you add Sterling, Stones, Walker and Delph that adds up to 22 players.

I have to say it but somebody will have to be cut/dropped. And of that group idoubt anyone of them would be happy about it.

Honestly, as much as I have to admit it, I feel Delph is the expendable one in that group, Given that we have 2 designated LBs. The only other players who could be let go are Fernandihno or Danilo or Bravo .

you not think Foden will get a squad place next year?

you not think Foden will get a squad place next year?
He's talking about restricted squad spots if I'm getting it right. We have 17 places for any players (foreigners or homegrown), 4 for homegrown only, 4 for club-trained only.
Foden is under 21 yo, so he doesn't count. After turning 21 he's going to take 'club-trained' place.

He's talking about restricted squad spots if I'm getting it right. We have 17 places for any players (foreigners or homegrown), 4 for homegrown only, 4 for club-trained only.
Foden is under 21 yo, so he doesn't count. After turning 21 he's going to take 'club-trained' place.

so he is, My apologies

I can’t help but feel we should get in another left back and centre half and stick. Other than that, bring Foden and co into the frame. The reason is this squad seems really happy and are willing to play unselfishly for one another. A negative big ego might ruin the balance. Look what’s happening at PSG with Neymar. I’m not sure that team will win anything this year. Half the squad are pissed off with Neymar.
For me, that is a manger and not a player issue and we have the best in the business

DM
CB
LB

& Alexis if possible if not just those 3 positions.

Versatility is key IMO.

A dream, and unrealistic scenario for me would be something like

Yaya out, Milinkovic-Savic in. Can play anywhere in midfield, long term defensive midfielder.

Mangala out, Lucas Hernandez in. Long term left sided CB and decent LB cover.

Zinchenko out, Raphael Guerreiro in. Can play very Well LW, LB or anywhere in midfield.

Thatd keep us at 17 foreign players and give us by far the best squad in Europe because we'd have cover and depth at a level where the replacements would be some of the best players in Europe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.