Attack by Napoli fans.

f09g2c.jpg

send in the vikings.......on scooters

Paul!

Camorra run Naples. Since the old guard have been arrested their women have tried to keep things running. However young guns have taken over and it seems worse than ever.

Same rules always apply, stick together and they won't come near you.
Stick a flag up and you might as well light a beacon.
2 areas yesterday, on the front overlooking Vesuvius and in the bars right opposite to coach pick up.
Loads of Blues and not an Ultra in sight.

I did hear once Italians do not care about politics because it is just one corrupt bunch after the next. I was aware the mob had a big footprint but no idea they ran waste management and stuff, badly to it seems. The north south divide is interesting, in fact now i think about it i have next to 0 knowledge about Italian politics proper.

A lot of the North-South divide has to do with the history of the region, as the North were independent city communes or Republics, whilst the South (Naples in-particular) was usually a satellite of a far-off power; whether that be the Byzantines, the Hohenstaufen, the Anjou or the Aragonese then Spanish crown. Therefore, the North developed as economic centres and over time became heavily industrialised, whilst the South remained largely impoverished and reliant upon an agricultural economy - that's still evident by the fact a lot of Italy's best produce comes from Southern regions like Apulia or Campania.

You may have seen our Eccles flag in the Napoli end!!! They took it off our lads at knife point, the cowards.

I hope all our fans get home safe & sound.

I saw the bloke who goes everywhere with his son who told me about this cowardly mugging. I would be happy to make a contribution towards a replacement flag and maybe some other Bluemooners might be able to help a bit too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.