January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to make an LB a priority above anything else. I am concerned about Delph's injury proneness.

Fernandinho injured - big problem as Pep does not seem to trust anyone else at single pivot in important games
Delph injured - big LB problem; Danilo provides pseudo cover.
Otters or Stones injured - big CB problem as Kompany can't be relied upon to stay injury free
Walker injured - problem, but maybe Danilo can fill in.
=============
For me, I'm most worried by potential injury to Fernandinho, especially given the amount of playing time he's given. Who can fill in for Fernandinho if he's injured? It's probably down to Danilo but that's at best experimental and is likely a big downgrade.

1st priority - holding mid.
2nd priority - LB

Gonna get a bit of grief about this one I suspect; I personally think he is a fantastic talent.

I would seriously test the water for young Rashford, (especially during the turmoil of when Mourinho leaves in the summer). His name has been mooted already, albeit pure speculation.

He's not your A-typical hyped up manyoo player. Far more to him than Januzai, Welbeck, Macheda, etc

Direct, quick, intelligent and seems to be a very grounded young man; him and Jesus for the future would be superb. And a Manchester lad as well.

He's the only one in their squad who for me, would get near City's first team squad.

The Wythenshawe Pele. ...it's a no from me.
He's quick but so too is Usain Bolt... Rashford would take a place on subs bench from one of our youngsters and get little game time.
Only positive about us signing him would be that it pissed off the rags.
Mind you he would go from being the great English hope to being the English dope.
The media would slag him off and he would be an hated figure.

Start off the summer with Sanchez, Can and Ghoulam, three players and on a free. Immediately provides us with more squad depth and Can in particular I think would flourish under Pep.

Milinkovic-Savic, Weigl or someone similar, holding midfielder with plenty of energy and technique.

Gonna get a bit of grief about this one I suspect; I personally think he is a fantastic talent.

I would seriously test the water for young Rashford, (especially during the turmoil of when Mourinho leaves in the summer). His name has been mooted already, albeit pure speculation.

He's not your A-typical hyped up manyoo player. Far more to him than Januzai, Welbeck, Macheda, etc

Direct, quick, intelligent and seems to be a very grounded young man; him and Jesus for the future would be superb. And a Manchester lad as well.

He's the only one in their squad who for me, would get near City's first team squad.
Not hyped up? I can’t remember a player as average as him hyped up as much in my life. He’s also not very intelligent from what I can see of him so far - relies on his pace and is very much a head down and run merchant.
He goes seem grounded though and it’s not his fault that playing for that shower is going to put him on a pedestal. He’s nowhere near the quality required to play for us and certainly not for the ridiculous fee bandied around for him.

Looking at our (rather excellent) start to our season, the one issue which I still have with the squad is the lack of depth* we have, now of course is does not matter at this stage of the season, but when we end up having to deal with the latter stages of the League Cup, the FA Cup, the Knockout Rounds of the Champions League and the last stages of the Title Race (times when City will need to play 2-3 games per week, not an easy task for teams in the EPL) then maintaining this level of performance is going to be difficult if not impossible. I mean even now there have been games when this problem has been exposed (The League Cup Game vs Wolves*, the EPL Game vs Arsenal** and the EPL Game vs Everton).

So with this in mind I feel that we are going to need to get another Left Back (Rose), 2 Centre Backs (Alderweireld and Vertonghen), another DM (Kante), another AM (Alli), 2 Wingers (Sanchez and O.Dembélé) and another striker (Kane)*** over the next 2 transfer windows assuming the squad limits remain the same to somewhat address this issue. However in my view if we are going to be challenging for the Quadruple every season those squad limits need to be relaxed and thus we are going to need more players than the ones I am suggesting.

*I know it is the League cup, but the fact is that a club like ours should not be struggling to beat a team like Wolves. No ifs or buts. Thank god Bravo saved our arses (A term I thought I would never use) that night.

**Considering the state of the Arsenal at the moment, we should have had a better result than just 3-1 against them. Which we would of got if we had more depth.

***If Agüero does leave City at the end of next season.

Start off the summer with Sanchez, Can and Ghoulam, three players and on a free. Immediately provides us with more squad depth and Can in particular I think would flourish under Pep.

We need to get them both in January, we need another Winger/Striker and another DM (especially the latter) as soon as possible if we are going to make progress this season.

Blue1880, I think you need to take a step back and get a bit more realistic. What on earth makes you think firstly that spuds would sell us those 5 players and secondly we will be spending the 300m+ it would take to get them.

We need to get them both in January, we need another Winger/Striker and another DM (especially the latter) as soon as possible if we are going to make progress this season.
No chance Liverpool sells us Can early, Napoli the same with Ghoulam. Sanchez a possibility but will likely be a summer signing as Wenger is too stubborn to sell him and concede once again just how far ahead we are of them.

Looking at our (rather excellent) start to our season, the one issue which I still have with the squad is the lack of depth* we have, now of course is does not matter at this stage of the season, but when we end up having to deal with the latter stages of the League Cup, the FA Cup, the Knockout Rounds of the Champions League and the last stages of the Title Race (times when City will need to play 2-3 games per week, not an easy task for teams in the EPL) then maintaining this level of performance is going to be difficult if not impossible. I mean even now there have been games when this problem has been exposed (The League Cup Game vs Wolves*, the EPL Game vs Arsenal** and the EPL Game vs Everton).

So with this in mind I feel that we are going to need to get another Left Back (Rose), 2 Centre Backs (Alderweireld and Vertonghen), another DM (Kante), another AM (Alli), 2 Wingers (Sanchez and O.Dembélé) and another striker (Kane)*** over the next 2 transfer windows assuming the squad limits remain the same to somewhat address this issue. However in my view if we are going to be challenging for the Quadruple every season those squad limits need to be relaxed and thus we are going to need more players than the ones I am suggesting.

*I know it is the League cup, but the fact is that a club like ours should not be struggling to beat a team like Wolves. No ifs or buts. Thank god Bravo saved our arses (A term I thought I would never use) that night.

**Considering the state of the Arsenal at the moment, we should have had a better result than just 3-1 against them. Which we would of got if we had more depth.

***If Agüero does leave City at the end of next season.

Personally I think we should go for Ramos and Alderweireld for CB. For LB I would prefer Alex Sandro. Dembele just went to Barcelona so I don’t think he’ll move so soon but we should get Hazard instead, quality and PL proven. I know Bravo saved us against Wolves but I would sell him and bring in Donnarumma from Milan. Then we would have two top quality keepers. Other than that I agree with your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.