United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The transfer budget seems to stop at £150 million at old Trafford and they seem to blow the whole lot on one player rather than buying a few decent ones. I would imagine the Glazers are getting a bit twitchy as they’ve spent big on Pogba and Lukaku in recent summers and still look no where near competing over 38 games for the league. Giving Jose another £150 mill would be a bit foolish when they have debts to pay, failing shopping malls and NFL franchises to finance.

And aren't they meant to be back in for Griezman in January?

If Bignose comes back in for them, then surely that means they're dropping Lukaku – certainly means that the saviour of English football - Rashford - will be dropped, and it will slow their play down massively too... and let's face it they're hardly playing fast, free-flowing football now!

If Bignose comes back in for them, then surely that means they're dropping Lukaku – certainly means that the saviour of English football - Rashford - will be dropped, and it will slow their play down massively too... and let's face it they're hardly playing fast, free-flowing football now!

What can be faster or freer flowing than a ball hoofed from one box to the other?

Lukaku might have been an expensive transfer but thats about it. He plays for free don't you know?
BTW, I don't understand how they are so confident on Pogba coming back and completely turning their fortunes around. I mean it's okay to have some confidence but most of the ragcafe is so arrogant. I sometimes wonder if they only support those bunch because they are glory hunters and can talk about 'istry instead of actually watching beautiful football.
Pogbas return will coincide with the return matches against Swansea, palace and west ham. They’ll batter them and pogba will be world class again.

Anyone think potch would goto the rags. Some of the lads at work would like him there, they think he would bring them up to our level.

Anyone think potch would goto the rags. Some of the lads at work would like him there, they think he would bring them up to our level.
yes. Mourinho has them punching below their weight so quite happy to see him continue in the current vein.

Do we really want a Man Utd meltdown, and for Mourinho to leave? Sooner or later they'll make the right appointment and with their resources will start to challenge again. I'd rather they slowly spiral downwards / stand still for as long as possible.

The transfer budget seems to stop at £150 million at old Trafford and they seem to blow the whole lot on one player rather than buying a few decent ones. I would imagine the Glazers are getting a bit twitchy as they’ve spent big on Pogba and Lukaku in recent summers and still look no where near competing over 38 games for the league. Giving Jose another £150 mill would be a bit foolish when they have debts to pay, failing shopping malls and NFL franchises to finance.
Giving Jose any more money would be stupid given the fact that he's already lining up his next job. But their real problem is that they don't seem to have any coherent vision in terms of the style of football they want to play. So they end up just signing any decent player that becomes available, with no thought as to whether he fits into a particular style of play. We saw it with players like Di Maria, Falcao and Pogba being signed for huge money, only for them to hire ultra defensive coaches. They buy players that suggest they want to play attractive, attacking football, then bring in 3 of the most defensive coaches in world football. We, on the other hand, spent a shitload of money in fairly unfashionable positions, because we have the bigger picture in mind.

yes. Mourinho has them punching below their weight so quite happy to see him continue in the current vein.

Do we really want a Man Utd meltdown, and for Mourinho to leave? Sooner or later they'll make the right appointment and with their resources will start to challenge again. I'd rather they slowly spiral downwards / stand still for as long as possible.

Not often I can say this but I totally agree Marvin ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.