Minimum Alcohol Pricing in Scotland

This is scandalous really.

How dare the Government impose price fixing on consumer goods like this in a completely unproven, Hail Mary fix to substance abuse problems?

It's beer this so people dont think it through. Imagine it was heroin.

Imagine the Government decided that the way to fix the heroin epidemic that's leading to crime, poverty and desperation is to make it even more expensive and out of reach for addicts rather than attacking the root cause of binge drinking and addiction?

Because prohibition has worked so well in the past. Idiots.
There is no meaningful solution to the root cause of binge drinking and addiction.

I think all prices will go up thanks to this, and alcoholics will do without other things. Pubs would need to price about £1.50 a pint to get near, the 3 for a fiver bottles won't be affected in supermarkets, just most cans.
How are they looking to implement it, a raise in tax across the board ? I need to have a read up on it although I suspect it'll be a badly thought out plan.

Politicians have to be seen to do something! And unfortunately it has to be something they can understand, so you get sledgehammers cracking nuts.

I spent an exchange in Northern France in the early 80s and the French buggered over the border to Belgium to buy their petrol and diesel. Don't know what happened to French forecourt sales in the process.

The Scots will descend on the nearest Tesco in Carlisle or Berwick and then drive back home with a wry smile on their faces. And no doubt the UK gov.org will have to slip 'em the difference in lost sales and the tax if Wee Jimmy Crankie's Parliament have that slice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.