The Added Time Debate

I love these threads. Allows me yet another opportunity to tell everyone that we need ball in play time and clock stopped for literally every second that the ball isn't in open play. Don't really care how long they make the halves but presumably around 30 minutes each. Would stop all that bollocks last night immediately. Current time keeping laws are a farce. We didn't get any favours last night from the referee in terms of added time. If he'd really wanted to help he'd have booked their keeper early in when he whacked the ball away behind the goal and made their "injured" player near the end go straight off the pitch at the side rather than let him wander virtually parallel to the touch line towards the half way line. But this is the point, all refs are fucking clueless in every aspect of dealing with time wasting so the whole thing needs taking out of their hands.

They were doing it from kickoff , every throw, free kick, goal kick they were taking the absolute maximum and the crowd let the ref know every time they did it too !!! Southampton brought it in themselves .

I love these threads. Allows me yet another opportunity to tell everyone that we need ball in play time and clock stopped for literally every second that the ball isn't in open play. Don't really care how long they make the halves but presumably around 30 minutes each. Would stop all that bollocks last night immediately. Current time keeping laws are a farce. We didn't get any favours last night from the referee in terms of added time. If he'd really wanted to help he'd have booked their keeper early in when he whacked the ball away behind the goal and made their "injured" player near the end go straight off the pitch at the side rather than let him wander virtually parallel to the touch line towards the half way line. But this is the point, all refs are fucking clueless in every aspect of dealing with time wasting so the whole thing needs taking out of their hands.

Said this ad nausium for years. It is our time and money that is being wasted. We pay and travel, some of us a long way, to watch a game and we, usually, get to see less than half a game.

Are there any studies or figures that give the 'average' amount of time that the ball is actually in play in a game in the Premier League ?
I've posted on here previously some outrageous stats regarding the disparity in ball in play between games. And it is the disparity that is the issue. It is utterly staggering and really does show what a joke the whole thing is. I'll have a look for them in a bit. The average is about somewhere too think it's somewhere between 55 and 60 mins.

Was talking about this last night. It was difficult to ever remember a city team time wasting even when we were shit.

Then the Alan Ball moment got mentioned. We could not get it right in the really dire times

Exactl
It's a pet hate of mine how the ref also keeps the time. It should be taken out refs hands. Big clock on the scoreboard, clock stops when ball goes out of play. Have two 30 minute halves. Everyone knows where they stand and there are no arguments in regards to time keeping.
Football is supposedly an entertainment. Time wasting is not entertaining at all.
exactly this. 2 X 30min halves is the way forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.