David Silva signs one year contract extension(p33)

Even so if it is for Charity i cant see a big crowd turning out even though the guy to me just has no faults .cant say a bad word against him but City fans just dont seem to "do"testimonials
Yeah I think the last City testimonial to get anything like a full house was Bert Trautmann's back in 1964.

I never saw Billy Meredith or Peter Doherty play, so it would be difficult to pick out our greatest player ever. But what I can say is since the mid 1950's when I started to watch City, Spanish Dave has been the best player I have seen wearing a City shirt. Signing an extension to his contract is terrific news, and we should all enjoy another 3 years to witness his supreme talent. Thank you David for choosing us.

Yeah, it's not for his profit - just to say thank you for an amazing career. Proceeds would go to charity obviously.

Tbf to Niall Quinn (pipe down all the haters!), he was one of the first major players to donate the proceeds of his testimonial to charity IIRC.

Wasn't his charity Sunderland FC ;-)

Bit gutted about this news. 2020 is too soon, i don't want to ever see the day the greatest player to ever play for City is no longer a City player.

I'd like us to retire his number when he finally leaves us. ultimate show of respect

One of the best ever exponents of the beautiful game. If King Colin sits in the throne, then Merlin rightfully is the Crown Prince.

He is an artist, and the football field is his canvas. I never want 2020 to arrive, but in the meantime we all need to continue to admire and appreciate what a truly magical player he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.