Southampton Post Match Thread

In case you haven't seen it, Nathan Redmonds statement on what Pep said to him after the game.....

I've just seen this story and felt I had to say something and clear a few things that are floating around right now. I want to make it absolutely clear that the Man City Manager, Pep Guardiola did not say what The Sun is falsely claiming in this story. Yes he was very passionate, intense and aggressive but he was only very complimentary and positive to me. He commented on my qualities as a young English player and how he wanted me to attack his team more during the game in a similar way to last season. I told him I was doing what my Manager had asked me to do in the game. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Nothing negative or offensive was said towards me from Pep and that's what makes him one of the best Manager's in world football. Losing the game the way we did in the last kick of the game after working so hard for 90+ minutes I was very disappointment but when one of the worlds best managers compliments you or gives advice in any way, you listen. Sadly this story is an example of lazy journalism and is a complete joke. It does no favours to the sports journalists in the game that I like, happily work with and genuinely respect. The focus for me now is regrouping with the Saints ready for a big performance this Sunday in the v Bournemouth.
Glad it's fully cleared up I saw his reply on Twitter but Pep shouldn't be doing this sort of stuff in public imagine how pissed off we'd be if the roles were reversed.

Glad it's fully cleared up I saw his reply on Twitter but Pep shouldn't be doing this sort of stuff in public imagine how pissed off we'd be if the roles were reversed.
At the time it happened, the commentators here actually guessed correctly that Pep must have been telling him he didn't see his talent on display and Redmond with his mouth covered must have replied" I'm just following my manager's instruction.

It sounds like the guess was right.

FA says pep has until Monday to explain himself regarding Redmond conversation

Ban incoming

Sigh

In case you haven't seen it, Nathan Redmonds statement on what Pep said to him after the game.....

I've just seen this story and felt I had to say something and clear a few things that are floating around right now. I want to make it absolutely clear that the Man City Manager, Pep Guardiola did not say what The Sun is falsely claiming in this story. Yes he was very passionate, intense and aggressive but he was only very complimentary and positive to me. He commented on my qualities as a young English player and how he wanted me to attack his team more during the game in a similar way to last season. I told him I was doing what my Manager had asked me to do in the game. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Nothing negative or offensive was said towards me from Pep and that's what makes him one of the best Manager's in world football. Losing the game the way we did in the last kick of the game after working so hard for 90+ minutes I was very disappointment but when one of the worlds best managers compliments you or gives advice in any way, you listen. Sadly this story is an example of lazy journalism and is a complete joke. It does no favours to the sports journalists in the game that I like, happily work with and genuinely respect. The focus for me now is regrouping with the Saints ready for a big performance this Sunday in the v Bournemouth.
How is this not the end of the investigation. Why does Pep have to respond to anything? The player says that Pep was complimenting him and the FA needs to make an issue of it? Are they looking to disrupt City or do they really want to suspend him for the derby? Would it have been better if Pep would have just kicked him a few times like Lukaku?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.