Southampton Post Match Thread

Pathetic. What's to probe? Redmond has released an official statement saying it was all positives.....

To be fair it is what I expected - they( the FA ) have to at the very least put a marker down that any repeat can not be accepted. No way should opposition managers be talking to opposition players immediately after a final whistle....I for one would not appreciate anything similar happening to one of our players whether it is positive or not.

What if a player didn't want to hear anything from opposition manager in the same situation and pushed that manager away ? - I can see it quickly escalating into something less positive.

I hope it will be nothing more than a public statement of 'don't do it again or else a ban....' and Pep says 'i'm so so sorry......'

The game was frustring Pep and some of our players (as at Huddersfield for that matter). It explains the jubelant celebrations at tehe end (as at Huddersfield). Than again Pep imho was out of order to speak in the way he did to one of their players. I'm sure Pep can see that and despite it all being positive, he should simply apologize (again), so the FA can put him down as an exemple to other managers not to do this, no matter the circumstances. Let's be fair, if another manager would do this to one of our players, evenmore so in the emotional way Pepuess Klopp or Conte could do this), we would all be fuming at this manager.

Than again it can't take away then Sterling scored in the final second of the game that we (again) fully deserved to win. Let's hope we don't run out of luck soon. Despite we deserved the win, I felt we were luckywhat goal by Sterling to score in the last second. So s this nowtime istead of Fergie-time?

He did practically the same to Rooney last year after the derby except a little less animated - nobody said a fucking dickibird.

As long as Pep is not accused of making an improper approach to a player, the matter should be closed.

I forgot to mention that it was great to see my all-time favourite player, Francis Henry Lee, on the pitch before the game.

What a fantastic addition to the squad he was; as Sir Joe put it at the time, the final piece of the jigsaw. And so it proved. He fitted in immediately and helped us win the title that season.

Lee, Bell, Summerbee, Young and Coleman might well be the last example of a five-man forward line in English football.

Until Pep came along, of course.

On another note, I saw this little gem on the BBC's post-match comments.

Its author had obviously followed the game very closely:

Crazy that the game allows late substitutions for fit rested players when the others have been playing for 80 minutes. No wonder they can often score. Late subs for tactical reasons must be banned. It riuns the game. today's game MCI against Southampton is an excelent example. Great game. Bring on Sterling in last 10 minutes and scores 96th minute. Rubbish. The players must run the course

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42075944

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that it was great to see my all-time favourite player, Francis Henry Lee, on the pitch before the game.

What a fantastic addition to the squad he was; as Sir Joe put it at the time, the final piece of the jigsaw. And so it proved. He fitted in immediately and helped us win the title that season.

Lee, Bell, Summerbee, Young and Coleman might well be the last example of a five-man forward line in English football.

Very closely since Raheem was on from the start

Let's be fair, Sterling and Bernardo look very similar...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.