Manchester Utd (A) Pre Match Thread

Manchester United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just done my combined team on the BBC website.

manutd_mancity_xi-7595037aa193d21e79bdc3aa9e98aa29.jpg

0dds are

38% United
33% City
29% Draw

So 62% we don't lose. They need the win a lot more than we do too.

1-1 for me.
not sure where u are getting them odds from......100% book utd are 3.45 = 28.98% chance of winning

Reckon they'll line up like this:

De Gea
Valencia
Smalling
Rojo
Young
Matic
Fellaini
Herrera
Lingard
Martial
Lukaku

and we'll go:

Ederson
Walker
Otamendi
Kompany
Delph
Fernandinho
Silva
De Bruyne
Sterling
Sane
Jesus
They won't play all those academy kids from the start. If reports are correct Fellaini and Matic aren't fully fit so it may be a gamble to go with both of them although both of them are shit. Will they play four at the back and not three. If they do it will be interesting as we will push Young and Valencia deep which leaves more space for KDB/Silva to work their magic unless of course they play 4 5 1 and sit on the 18 yard line

Reckon they'll line up like this:

De Gea
Valencia
Smalling
Rojo
Young
Matic
Fellaini
Herrera
Lingard
Martial
Lukaku

and we'll go:

Ederson
Walker
Otamendi
Kompany
Delph
Fernandinho
Silva
De Bruyne
Sterling
Sane
Jesus

Can't see them setting up like that, they'll go 3/7 at the back, sacrificing one of the forwards for blind and hoping the wing backs can be a threat on the counter.

De Gea

Lindelof
Smalling
Blind
Valencia
Matic
Herrera
Fellaini
Young
Lingard
Lukaku

Against

Ederson
Walker
Vinny
Otamendi
Delph
Fernandinho
Silva
De Bruyne
Sterling
Jesus
Sané

If we play anything like we have been doing this season i cant see any problems with us coming away with the 3 points.
Would love to see all my armchair mates go into meltdown! At the minute they are discussing which pub to watch the derby in!! I know, why not go to a game :/

Hope Silva is available. Huge player in this type of game.
To be honest, I can't remember the last time we played well without him. Every time he doesn't start, we look disjointed and a bit lost. He comes on, normality is resumed. He simply must play.

To be honest, I can't remember the last time we played well without him. Every time he doesn't start, we look disjointed and a bit lost. He comes on, normality is resumed. He simply must play.

And every time he doesnt play well or the opponents know how to deal with him, we are harmless too.

It means Pep s system isnt fully operating yet.

They need to win more than us. I'd love to beat them, but a draw wouldn't be the end of the world. There's more pressure on them than there is us and this piece puts it quite well. They've got to come at us. Mourinho has to attack, he can't pack the bus and that means the game will be more open, which suits us down to the ground.

https://www.otbfootball.net/manchester-derby-time-for-mourinho-to-be-more-like-pep/

All being well, we go with
Ederson,
Walker, Kompany, Otamendi, Delph
Ferna, KdB, Silva (he'll be fit - if not, then put Gundogan or Yaya in, the rags are scared of Yaya)
Sterling, Aguero, Sane

Sergio has a good record against De Gea and him being a focus point up front gives a bit more space to Sterling, Sane the rest of the midfield - they have to man mark him, where as if we play with Jesus, their defence wont be as strict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.