Are the match going fans the last piece in Pep's revolution?

Where on earth did i say i wanted to cut of the next generation of City fans if you read again i want cheaper tickets to encourage more familys to go in the family stand .I brought my kids up in the family stand and no how important it is .one is now 34 and still a season ticket holder please ddnt jump to judgment

Last edited:
The mood of the players is unbelievable I'm not sure what some of the fans that go are waiting for? Personalised invitation to join in? (I'm joking)
The players are great at celebrating gives me a right buzz when they go crackers love it

Its the fans choice whether they sing .clap create an atmosphere or not .some fans are well up for it othets arnt so be it .atmosphere wasnt always great at Maine Road.but getting 50.000 plus fans in the Etihad week after week sometimes twice a week is a fantastic achievement .Especially when the weather is like it is

Last edited:
Our ground on match day has a fair percentage of supporters who do not sing or contribute to the atmosphere , older generation fans and the day tripper/selfie / half-half scarvers , we need to get a younger generation, enthusiastic match goers in the ground , 1894 group do a brilliant job trying to get the crowd going but its a thankless task. We are at a point were we have the greatest team and manager in out history and yet 25% of the ground is empty with 5 minutes to go , f*cking tell me why ? The supporter who says ive paid for the ticket and i can leave when i want , maybe should stay at home and watch it on the box , price the games to get younger supporters or the old school supporter who used to got to Maine Road who cant afford it anymore , and lets build an atmosphere at the ground that scares the shit out of the opposition. (Also put the opposition supporters in the gods like the Rags and Newcastle do, so we can drown them out) .It never ceases to amaze my how brilliant our away support sounds and yet our home support is like a lot Premier league clubs they are just waiting to be entertained , its not a theatre , its not a show , get behind the f*cking team..................Puts tin hat on and coat

The support bit is bonkers same fans but in a different ground with the best team in a generation, if not ever.

I caught a few of Sweeps tweets to Dikov last weeks was just "I miss MAINE Rd mate"...I dont think he meant City (i'm sure he does) I forget the context now but i'm pretty sure he meant the lack of atmosphere

As has been said a few times, that's up to Soriano.

He or his reports should be talking to us to ensure the best way to ensure that but they keep fobbing us off with meaningless platitudes instead of meaningful engagement. We need cheaper prices to attract the younger, more vocal element. We need proper singing sections rather than the ones we have being split by the away fans. We need some commitment from the club to address the post-game transport issues causing an early exodus.
We cant keep just blaming it on the club. Ultimately fans who want to make noise will do so

Don't agree with the price complaints, we have some of the cheapest tickets in the league and we get arguably the best football this country has ever witnessed. Cup games, City price them very well and we still don't attract this apparent core group of fans that have been priced out. There are things City could do to help. there's many things infact, but i believe we've got it pretty sweet when it comes to ticket pricing compared to the rest.

It's upto us fans to create the atmosphere, both home and away i often see day trippers making more noise than the guys on 20,000 points that go everywhere. This isn't a problem unique to City either, you can see it around the grounds across the country, the state of the game in this country has changed atmospheres in football grounds, it's a global spectacle now where the tv audience is deemed more important than the fan at the match, it's led to that connection you feel with the club when at the match being lost, there's a lack of togetherness and unity and that's what generally drives the atmosphere i stadiums. Like i said, this isn't something specific to us and for that reason i don't blame the club, its an issue with football in general in this country and until some drastic changes are brought in at the very top nothing will change

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.