Are the match going fans the last piece in Pep's revolution?

Cobwebcat

Team supported
Manchester City
Pep asking for our support again tomorrow. I think he will get it no problem v Spurs but can he change the psyche of the fans going forward so that there are more 1894 style supporters?

He mentions it a lot it seems.

Pep asking for our support again tomorrow. I think he will get it no problem v Spurs but can he change the psyche of the fans going forward so that there are more 1894 style supporters?

He mentions it a lot it seems.
As has been said a few times, that's up to Soriano.

He or his reports should be talking to us to ensure the best way to ensure that but they keep fobbing us off with meaningless platitudes instead of meaningful engagement. We need cheaper prices to attract the younger, more vocal element. We need proper singing sections rather than the ones we have being split by the away fans. We need some commitment from the club to address the post-game transport issues causing an early exodus.

He or his reports should be talking to us to ensure the best way to ensure that but they keep fobbing us off with meaningless platitudes instead of meaningful engagement. We need cheaper prices to attract the younger, more vocal element. We need proper singing sections rather than the ones we have being split by the away fans. We need some commitment from the club to address the post-game transport issues causing an early exodus.

All good points

I think the type of fans we price out are what is needed. Sick of seeing half and half scarf wearing quiet out for the day supporters who now go footy to see a show. We need supporters not spectators.

Time to bring the prices right down with the first batch being sold at the ground only, solves everything imo

It’s ok Pep seeking support but maybe he needs to voice this to someone who makes decisions on ticket prices.

If I didn’t have a season ticket I doubt very much that I’d pay £50+ per ticket for me and my wife to go to the game.

A lot of games are fairly priced but some prices are absolutely ridiculous like the prices for tomorrow’s game.

The rich trying to tell the poor what to do again.

Further to what PB says, all of which is correct, all they have to do is clear a 300 + seating area and offer it up to the 1894 group at £25 -30 a match. They 'police it' themselves, i.e. no flares, fighting no sell ons of tickets and we have a great atmosphere to get the rest going.

Oh and make this seating area safe standing.

Huge amount of hypocrisy on this thread in my view. Clearly people seem to divide City fans into 'real fans' and 'people who pay money to buy a ticket, buy a jersey, travel to the ground, cheer for the team......but they are not real fans'. Especially, people not from Manchester. So ye are happy to have all the perks of a global club, foreign owner, great stadium, best players in the world, best manager. But you also want Umbro making the kits, not Nike. You want tickets the same price as Burnley. And you dont want any 'tourists' at the stadium. I brought my son over to watch a match at the stadium earlier this year. I'd have to say the club is magnificent. Great stadium. The pre-match stuff at the City Football Academy, for free, fully paid for by the Club, was absolutely top class. You wouldnt get better anywhere else. The fans..... less so. We were tourists, not real fans. I didnt like that, I dont like that. I watched the Manchester derby in a pub in Dublin, suburban pub that does Sunday lunches, people go to watch a game. There were more adults wearing ManU jerseys. There were more kids wearing Man City jerseys. Its a global club, get used to it.

Daft things such as taking seasoncards off people for selling a ticket on an unofficial exchange facebook page (at face value) don't help! Plenty of us work away/shifts and miss odd games, often I only know if I can get cover on the morning of a match so the official ticket exchange isn't convenient (plus who will pick my 299 seat at 60 quid over another at the same price elsewhere)

It needs to be easier to buy a last minute ticket for the now and again people.
Many fans can't afford to go to every match and so opt out of cup matches which generally have more empty seats than PL matches unless it's a so called bigger team.
A lot of the discounted prices over the last 3 or 4 seasons don't seem to make much difference to the attendance of a night match.
The FAC match against Burnley should give some indication to it being price or night match that's the problem.
Watching matches on tv this season though it's not just a City problem.

Spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.