Players targeted / Leg breaker hack on Sterling and kdb

It's not new to suggest that putting in a crunching tackle and taking ball and man is standard policy if you're trying to slow down a better side. Doesn't need to be longterm injuring, but the old Keown-style reducer. People have kicked Silva for years, this year they can't get close (as even PNeville noted midweek).
Not new of course. The phrase 'leaving a foot in ' is, I feel, slightly different.

I was surprised to hear some commentary declaring that, "No one has left a foot in or left something on a player yet. What are going to do, just let them walk all over you?" I think it was John Hartson but could be mistaken.

Have we really reached a stage where former professionals are advocating cynical fouls and injuring players? You beat teams by becoming better, improving your tactical awareness and fitness.

Dear old John. He’s not blessed with much intelligence.

It's all fine according to the BBC. "We saw good football so we can brush over the tackles."

Simply, it's because it was Kane and Alli. If it was a dirty foreigner, there'd be uproar.

This deserves own thread .
Fa has to change the rule and review theses two assaults.

I think 'assaults' is going a bit too far. Yes they were nasty and at least one was a petulant hack that deserved a red. The nearest i saw to an assault was in fact Otamendi's kick to Kane's head.
The ref saw all 3 challenges and acted accordingly.
It's time we stopped questioning every decision the ref's make. Wanting them referred to a panel after the game just undermines ref's authority.

Kane's was a red card all day, though I think he just can't tackle very well and got it wrong.

Alli has form, he should have been taken off on a stretcher after being reduced to the snivelling little coward he is with a swift fist to the chops. Has the prick ever smiled?

Poch is a fat prick, he will have given his midfield the MO to kick our players. Hope he managed to roll out of the stadium ok.

I think 'assaults' is going a bit too far. Yes they were nasty and at least one was a petulant hack that deserved a red. The nearest i saw to an assault was in fact Otamendi's kick to Kane's head.
The ref saw all 3 challenges and acted accordingly.
It's time we stopped questioning every decision the ref's make. Wanting them referred to a panel after the game just undermines ref's authority.
Bollocks both Kanes and Ali’s were assaults, both deliberate, and both with the intention of causing bad injuries. We are lucky there weren’t 2 broken legs. Assault is a fucking understatement

That one from Alli had malicious intent, it was not reckless it was violent and there can be no other reason for it other than to break a fellow pro's leg because he was showing him and the rest of the team up. Horrible bastard.

Kane's was a red card all day, though I think he just can't tackle very well and got it wrong.

Alli has form, he should have been taken off on a stretcher after being reduced to the snivelling little coward he is with a swift fist to the chops. Has the prick ever smiled?

Poch is a fat prick, he will have given his midfield the MO to kick our players. Hope he managed to roll out of the stadium ok.

Agree RE Kane, he doesn't have a reputation for stuff like that and as a striker he was probably (incorrectly) given a bit of leeway by the ref, but it was a shocking challenge regardless of who made it and was a clear red card.

Alli quite simply at some point has to play for the rags, he's overrated has an over inflated sense of his own ability and a sneaky, nasty streak to him. Only a matter of time hefore Pogba and Lindgard are introducing him to 'Dab University' or whatever cringeworthy nonesense they come up with over there.

I liked that Spurs didn't come to park the bus, but they did try to kick the shit out of us, which made it even better that we battered them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.