Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serge is an enigma. He knows what he needs to do but often does not do it. Is he carrying an injury? Is he put out by not being the centre of attention? Is it just that he does not like our new style, because it does no flt with his own?
Or are we just reading too much into it? The gloves business was worrying.
Pep believes the TEAM comes first. If Kun can't accept that, then sadly he will need to move on.

Edit. We can get Neymar instead!

Was right to come off against Spurs and if he's 'miffed' about it, he needs to look at himself and increase his intensity on and off the ball. His high pressing isn't in the same league as Jesus's and when points in the game come where we need it, he'll be subbed again. He's proven before he can work harder when he wants to, but it's not consistent enough at the moment. He was lumbering around quite lazily against Spurs and it was the right call to take him off. High pressing, from the striker, is an integral part to our game.

Hindsight is so wonderful isn't it ? Yes Jesus worked hard when he came on,shit penalty,but Aguero has missed the odd one I suppose,but this lad is slowly being squeezed out by Guardiola,plenty can see this,quite a few don't want to see it,others will think it is bollocks,but something not right,but a few will comment about him lumbering around blah blah blah,be trying to convince us that Sterling is best finisher at the club soon.......

I think he's miffed. rightly so, he's twice the player Jesus is at this time. Jesus is the future, we should be milking Aguero whilst we have him.

I'm with you Bill, he is twice the player Jesus is at the moment. Jesus does not seem to be as good a team player as Aguero, YET, but give him time. His penalty miss on Saturday was akin to Aguero's a few weeks back so they could be on a par but Jesus needs a little more playing time over here before I put him above Aguero. IMHO

Surely you could see why the change was made Saturday.

There's also many City fans and an incredibly talented manager that simply don't think Aguero is twice the player Jesus is. I think Jesus suits the rest of the team far better.

I think Sergio was adapting excellently till his rib injury. I think he was at his very best and suited us. He's not been at his best in weeks. When he's not flying, he reverts to his greedy individual style. We suffer.

It's a catch 22. He can't get back to what Pep wants without his confidence and goals back, but he's not playing well enough to demand starting every week till fully confident again.
he is greedy but he wants to impress.
Jesus was crap against utd and crap on Saturday. aguero was outstanding at swansea albeit a little greedy as you say.

even the best managers get it wrong sometimes.

I'm with you Bill, he is twice the player Jesus is at the moment. Jesus does not seem to be as good a team player as Aguero, YET, but give him time. His penalty miss on Saturday was akin to Aguero's a few weeks back so they could be on a par but Jesus needs a little more playing time over here before I put him above Aguero. IMHO
of course the kid's time will come. he oozes class, that said he has a lot to do to warrant a starting place over kun.
for a start the the entire football community think its xmas when we leave aguero out. that speaks volumes.

Hindsight is so wonderful isn't it ? Yes Jesus worked hard when he came on,shit penalty,but Aguero has missed the odd one I suppose,but this lad is slowly being squeezed out by Guardiola,plenty can see this,quite a few don't want to see it,others will think it is bollocks,but something not right,but a few will comment about him lumbering around blah blah blah,be trying to convince us that Sterling is best finisher at the club soon.......

The odd one? Aguero has missed plenty for club and country. A few will comment about his movement because it isn't as good as Jesus. I have been reading today that Aguero is playing with an injury and will probably explain why he looks laboured when playing. If that is the case I would rest him a few games to get back to match sharpness as Jesus is more than capable to lead the line. The games last year we played Sane Sterling Jesus were frightening at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.