Jadon Sancho

Thing is there's no incentive for the agent in a player coming through the club ranks and then staying with said club for ten years or more.
Much more money to be made, as @SWP's back alludes to, if the agent moves their chattels every little while.

So it's easy to see how an impressionable young man can be swayed, especially by someone incentivised by their love of becoming rich.
Yeah I still see the Dortmund move as football related though, given their record with youngsters and their wage structure.

Personally I have no issues with him going Dortmund although the way he went about it was obviously poor. Surely peope must see his point of view though? I know the likes of Tosin and foden have been given chances in the cup but we’ll probably end up signing another centre back for 50 odd million and Sanchez looks likely to join in the summer. When a club like dortmund with a history of giving chances to young players and probably the best stadium to play in europe it must be very difficult to refuse.

I actually think fabian delph has set a good example to the youngsters, he backed his ability, rejected a safe move to a mid table side and took his chance when given to him.

So far that’s proving to be rather wrong. He’s missed out on a World Cup victory and being part of a squad 11 points clear, top of their CL group and a semi final of the league cup and is now at a club where the manager that signed him has been sacked and he’s back playing for the youth team.
He's not even doing that, I follow another team that play in their league, and he hasn't played for Dortmund II since September as fas I can see, so not currently on the bench for the first team (not even in the German cup midweek), and not in the second team, so I'd say so far its been a wasted 6 months, and as you say he's missed out on a WC medal because of said club, and the other plaudits that came with it, and for all that he's played about 45 minutes for the first team from memory, somewhat less than Foden and Diaz, he could of course be injured, but my knowledge of Dortmund II isn't that wide.

Wow, that is some bitterness right there, he is a young boy who made a career decision, he didn't break the law, get a grip of yourself.

I’m not bitter. But he didn’t exactly do anything to endear him to me as a Manchester city fan. And I’m allowed to wonder if he’s regretting leaving this team at this time. It’s not like I’m a Liverpool fan booing Raheem Sterling for daring to want to win something.

I’m not bitter. But he didn’t exactly do anything to endear him to me as a Manchester city fan. And I’m allowed to wonder if he’s regretting leaving this team at this time. It’s not like I’m a Liverpool fan booing Raheem Sterling for daring to want to win something.

Not far off though

For anyone wondering why he hasn't been playing at all for Dortmund, I remember reading somewhere he has picked up an injury and has been out for over the past month. It makes sense, I couldn't understand why he wasn't even on the bench in many of the past games.

Regarding youth leaving, it will happen, Pep is doing a much better job this season than last (obviously it was his first year) and with the stability around the club I imagine next year we will see youth play more and more, excited to see Nmecha, Diaz and Foden more and more.

One thing people should realize is that there are more and more great youth players popping up everywhere (not just City) due to populations growth, but we have the same amount of clubs, every club will find it difficult to hold on to youth. City have to try to their best to give the cream of the crop chances here and there, but many have to leave to play and kick start their careers, there is no room for great prospects at City, you have to be a phenomenal prospect.

For anyone wondering why he hasn't been playing at all for Dortmund, I remember reading somewhere he has picked up an injury and has been out for over the past month. It makes sense, I couldn't understand why he wasn't even on the bench in many of the past games.

Regarding youth leaving, it will happen, Pep is doing a much better job this season than last (obviously it was his first year) and with the stability around the club I imagine next year we will see youth play more and more, excited to see Nmecha, Diaz and Foden more and more.

One thing people should realize is that there are more and more great youth players popping up everywhere (not just City) due to populations growth, but we have the same amount of clubs, every club will find it difficult to hold on to youth. City have to try to their best to give the cream of the crop chances here and there, but many have to leave to play and kick start their careers, there is no room for great prospects at City, you have to be a phenomenal prospect.

Agree.

At the end of the day we bought him from Watford so it’s not like he is a City fan, plus Dortmund are good club for youth talent as it’s a key part of their transfer policy to find young talent cheap, develop them and sell them on if they have to for huge profit.

He is a supreme talent and I have no doubt he will follow in the same footsteps as Götze and more recently Pulisic.

He is a young player who needed to judge where he would get the most experience to bring him on. He on his own or more likely family and agent influenced got it wrong. He has moved on but hopefully his contemporaries at City will learn from his mistake.

He is a young player who needed to judge where he would get the most experience to bring him on. He on his own or more likely family and agent influenced got it wrong. He has moved on but hopefully his contemporaries at City will learn from his mistake.

Please explain why it is a mistake ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.