Ringo Starr

What I meant was how can he have so much when he had far fewer songs on Beatles albums and hasn't done stadium tours for years like McCartney.
He gets a slice of every Beatle product thats sold, which runs into millions of products
Their album '30' was No1 all over the world, as was their album 'Love' plus the 3 anthologies were massive sellers (Pete Best got about half a million quid from anthology 1 as he was the drummer on a few tracks)
Think of all the Beatle vinyl thats being sold now.
Plus after The Beatles split he actually had more hits than the others for a while.

No objection to pop stars who get knighthoods, but they are chosen to curry favour with the electorate. If merit alone was the criterion, the list would be quite different. Consider, for example, John Mayall. He mentored a whole host of blues-rock musicians such as Clapton, Peter Green, Adrian Dunbar, Jimmy Page, etc etc. The bluesbreakers have been going since the year dot. Mayall is a hero in the US, where he made numerous albums for Chess records. But of course, he was not big in the imagination of the masses, so just got a measly MBE. Brought up a stones throw from Maine Road, btw.

Nope.

Getting married to some flowery tart is not a basis to be doling out awards. Politicians always seem to be nominated in Queen's lists. I have no idea why. They are the least deserving of all the professions.
Clegg's wife is actually a senior international lawyer. A quick look up on wiki would have told you that.

What I meant was how can he have so much when he had far fewer songs on Beatles albums and hasn't done stadium tours for years like McCartney.

His performance royalties alone from The Beatles will have been substantial: they have never stopped selling records or getting air time.

He's also regularly toured his All-Starr Band. He's probably made more from Thomas the Tank Engine than most of us can dream of earning. I think he has been quite sensible with his money too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.