Ringo Starr

Knighthood or mot. It’s a myth stated all those years ago by Pete Best fans that this guy can’t drum. You only have the listen to their music for crying out loud.
The not the best drummer in the beatles line was by jasper carrot in 83

If Nic Begg can get one then Ringo is deserving.

Can't believe I got passed over again,

Can someone please explain to me why Ringo Starr has been selected as being worthy of a knighthood? What the heck has this guy done apart from being a very bad drummer in the right place at the right time and being far too busy to sign autographs?

You don’t know much about drumming if you think Ringo was no good. The autographs bit I’ll give you!

Last edited:
I think a lot of it is the great charity work he's done over the years

He didnt write a song on any Beatle album till The White Album, (Dont Pass Me By) but The Beatles have been massive earners over the years and he gets a 25% slice of that, (not the songwriting though) they still sell millions of LP's now on vinyl.

He was however a great drummer, the best in Liverpool. Once he stood in for Pete Best and the other 3 guys looked at each other and immediately wanted Ringo in the band.
John publicly said that Pete Best was a crap drummer who only knew one beat.

He was also the first 'famous' drummer, everybody knew the drummers name, normally in other bands who were around at the time, no-one knew the drummers name, Im thinking of bands like Hermans Hermits, The Hollies, The Animals etc Ringo had a great personality and people liked him.

Spot on. The Beatles actively head hunted Ringo because he was the best drummer on Merseyside. Non-musicians always seem to regard flashy drum rolls as being the sign of a great drummer, but what most guitarists want is a human metronome and Ringo kept time better than anyone. His performance in the Shea Stadium video, where the Beatles famously couldn’t hear each other above the screaming and Ringo drummed by watching John and Paul’s arses moving, was outstanding in that regard. As the old adage goes, name a Beatles track that could have been improved by someone else drumming. There aren’t any!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.