PFA Awards

Kind of makes it hard to take the awards seriously.
And players are nominated according to current form, not season’s form. Hence Lingard will get votes. Also why players away at ACON have been overlooked in the past. And injured players like Aguero, who was injured one winter, but otherwise had a phenomenal season.

I remember one club PFA rep once saying how hard it was to get the players to fill in the forms. (Possibly G Neville). It wouldn’t surprise me if some reps fill in the forms on behalf of their teammates, effectively block voting.

And finally, how many current English players chose their football allegiances when United were the most successful team in England? I wonder whether that has an influence on the vote.

Always cracked me up tgat tgroughout tbe season Silva especially if raved about by pundits/players/press, then ignored when it comes to these types of things, also seems certain players are wafffled on about by press in the month the votes are cast, not saying palyers are easily led, but the giggs one was really a joke that seems to back up that it isn't about whose best overall, but who is talked about at the time.

To be fair, he has showed a lot of technical ability in his goals recently whereas Sterling's goals have been relatively simple finishes other than vs Southampton.

I think Sterling overall impact and consistency has been better. My point about Lingard is that he’s scored a few spectacular goals in a pretty average season. Sterling has scored goal after goal and crucial goal that has won us games and rescued points in a team heading for this title.

It’s the same reason KDB edges Salah for POY. Salah has a great season but look at KDB’s impact in big games, look at his impact on breaking 10 man defences.

Don’t get me started on who has been the best manager.

Don’t get me started on who has been the best manager.

hodgson.jpg

I think it should be:

Main: De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Kane, Hazard, Coutinho.

Young: Sane, Jesus, Alli, Gomez, Richarlison, Christensen.

It will be:

Main: Kane, Lingard, Coutinho, Salah, Hazard, De Gea.

Young: Alli, Gomez, Christensen, Rashford, Loftus-Cheek, Calvert-Lewin.

The problem I find with these awards is that they are voted on in March so it always seems to be whoever the in vogue player is around April/March time wins it.

So far I don’t see how De Bruyne cannot win it considering his impact on getting us 15 points clear in the league.

As good as Salah has been, I don’t see how he can win it when he could very well likely score less than Kane and therefore Kane not even be talked about winning it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.