Liverpool Tickets £221 in City End

Nice one!

We all know this is the price of success. It was never going to be the same when glory hunters started turning up. The average fan is being slowly but surely squeezed out.

The average fan will be going until they are 80 mate. It’s the next generation we need to attract.

I sold my Spurs ticket on club ticket exchange the first time I've used it due to holiday. To find out at followig Bournemouth game it had been sold for £95 I've written to club for an explanation
Waiting for reply !!!

Easily explained. A tout bought it on the exchange system for say £54 or £58 whatever the price for that game was. They will get a paper ticket. Really easy to sell.

City get their cut, you do and the tout.

Pep on Kompany's lower ticket price comments.

I appreciate Pep doesn't want to rock the boat, but a straight forward, "yes, Vincent is right", would have been better.

"But I am sure because I know the CEO that this club are always thinking about the best for our fans. There is no doubt about that.

"I spoke with the CEO about many other issues, to know the players, to know the culture, and everything they do is for the benefit of the fans because we play for them."

The average fan will be going until they are 80 mate. It’s the next generation we need to attract.

You must surely know many who’ve stopped going? Faces changed over a decade in the South Stand and ditto my local pub pre and post.

So many who used to go home and away watch it in the pub now .
Looks like the pubs will be busy on Tuesday

Was talking to 2 Americans last week, on holiday in London said going to Chelsea game last weekend. I asked how they got tickets and said they'd paid £200 each from an agency

They are not reasobable £50 plus a ticket plus tram and a couple of pints for me and the missus gets close to what i was earning a week
Then throw in a cold wet winter evening .lets think, about half a weeks wages to get pissed wet through or stay in my house or go to the pub it a no brainer .years ago i would have crawled over broken glass to watch the Blues but maybe age has caught up with me lol

The thing is, our owners want to grow the club globally.
If foreign fans want to spend a fortune to come and watch their team, then fair play.
We, as fans, should be embracing these people including their half and half match momento, that will get pinned to their bedroom wall when they get home, not turning our nose. We know where we've come from. Embrace.

I understand your point mate, I really do, but I just don’t think that football tourists or City fans from all over the world should be getting their hands on tickets for big away games when blues who’ve put in the hard yards for years will potentially miss out.

If this is the way it’ll go we may as well do away with loyalty points and auction tickets off to whoever is prepared to part with the most cash.

Home games are a different story altogether. If there are tickets for sale then go for it, buy them up people!

The guys who go in the pub could make it to the Etihad. The prices are reasonable

We are on tv more now. Almost all our games are on tv so easier to watch us at the pub. 10 years ago maybe 1/6 of our games were on. Now it's 5/6.You had to go to most games if you wanted to watch us.

It's not always cost that stops people going. Some people prefer a day at the pub with a pint in their hand and a bit of banter with their mates rather than the sterile atmosphere of a match day. I was surprised at how many people on level 1 watched the game on the tv at the back after half time with a couple of pints.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.