VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Only if you're maniacally paranoid, the vast majority of goals are obviously legit, the ones you'll be holding your breath for are the same ones that you're looking at the linesman for an offside flag or the ref to see him point to the halfway line with now - dubious goals.
He will ask you if you’ve watched Serie A or the Bundesliga this season in a minute. ;)

He will ask you if you’ve watched Serie A or the Bundesliga this season in a minute. ;)
Before he asks I've watched both and the goal in the Juve Torino game was legit, there was a touch on the ball in that challenge, Germany had their own problems which look to have been solved. As for benefits, Chelsea players stayed on their feet tonight as they knew they were being watched.

lol
Fair enough if people want to see it in this country. Personally I think the vast majority of fans in this country won't like it and going by twitter thats certainly the case tonight.

Certainly wont stop the controversy though. Guarantee there will be an agenda thread on this forum in five years with people moaning about how united have had five times more decisions awarded through VAR than us or something like that.

lol
Fair enough if people want to see it in this country. Personally I think the vast majority of fans in this country won't like it and going by twitter thats certainly the case tonight.

Certainly wont stop the controversy though. Guarantee there will be an agenda thread on this forum in five years with people moaning about how united have had five times more decisions awarded through VAR than us or something like that.
Twitter you say.
I’m not saying it will be the saviour of football, in fact, I’ve said a few times that the people controlling it could still use it, or not use it in some instances to apply their special form of bias and indifference. I would put the video being reviewed on the big screen for all to see and have the comms between the officials audible to all like they do in other sports so we can see/hear how they’ve arrived at their decisions for total transparency, I can’t see that happening though but this will have to do for now.

Twitter you say.
I’m not saying it will be the saviour of football, in fact, I’ve said a few times that the people controlling it could still use it, or not use it in some instances to apply their special form of bias and indifference. I would put the video being reviewed on the big screen for all to see and have the comms between the officials audible to all like they do in other sports so we can see/hear how they’ve arrived at their decisions for total transparency, I can’t see that happening though but this will have to do for now.
If Arsenal fans chanting VAR VAR VAR doesn't put you off it then I guess nothing will :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.