Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
No-one will remember or care what we pay to agents if we win 2 or 3 trophies this season, and we're more likely to achieve that with Sanchez here than with him at a rival.

If, after having agreed terms with him in summer we now sit back and let him go to that shower of shit not only will it strengthen them it will give the rag media and their gobshite sheep more ammunition to have a go at us. We'd also look pretty smalltime to general fans and in the football world for future transfers. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet to stop a hated rival getting a boost.

We should sign Sanchez whatever the cost, we need him anyway as it's a long season and we're in with a serious shout at 4 trophies. Don't give those rag cünts any encouragement at all.
you are blinded by the rags getting him,if he goes there for the money and not here for beautiful football then fuck him,we have our limit for him going for free soon and we should stick to it,we don't sell our best players so we need to stay in a budget,we have more than enough to win the league and we got to the semi of the CL with a much worse team,i want him but not if he is going to let his agent rinse us

They have spent hundreds of millions and the gap is widening
Well at least if we allow them close this deal then there's every chance that the "quality gap/monies spent" ratio would tilt to their favour and as they wouldn't have to break the bank for a player of that ilk. I'd rather we don't give them the chance to do that.

Faultless post, that. This is my take on the whole saga. I do not have details about our financial restraints or details about sums demanded in wages, agent fee, etc so I cannot really critique our stance. If they are trying to get us to pay ridiculous/stupid sums then maybe I can understand but if it's a case of disagreement due to a £270k vs £300k figure for example, then I think we have to think again.

I see a lot of posts about how we are far ahead of the competition and whilst I don't particularly agree with this view, I'd say even if we assume it was true for the sake of argument, do we really have to give them the opportunity to close the gap without having to spend over the roof sums? If they get closer to us because of Sanchez signed on the cheap, is it beyond the realms of possibility that they spend big on another game changer thereby reducing the gap even further? Question is would we prefer to break away from the competition or be skin-tight to it? Honest questions.

This is a unique situation because it's not often you see a world class player available for £30m ish who is dying to come play for us. And then we just walk away and allow Jose get a bargain?

Yes I know we could sign a Dybala in summer for example but do you honestly think he'd go for less than £150m? We also know that transfers of this magnitude aren't that easy to pull off because usually the players want to come but are tied down by their contracts with their current clubs. Even if we signed a Dybala, there's the issue of getting him to settle down much the same way Bernado is adapting. You wouldn't need to worry about that with Sanchez.

I'll say it again, I don't know the details about the financials and I won't pretend to know but I hope we don't look back and compare the value a player that was dying to come to us adds to a rival team and compare to the sums we saved in the process.

People thought we got rinsed when we signed KDB and Walker. Look now...

If he was dying to come and play for us he would be signing for us. It's that simple. Where have we got this he is dying to come and play for us from? Things change.

The figures being banded around are madness for me for a 29 year old player. Forwards last until they are 32 generally max. How many are there knocking around in the big sides who are older than that and still doing it regularly? Ronaldo maybe but Madrid have been poor this season and he is on the decline.

United are all about brand and will throw whatever they have to at it. Look at that ibrahimivitch signing. Pogba, Lakaku. There is no planning in their signings at all. De Gea is reportedly after £300k a week! For a keeper! They are having the piss taken out of them but are Desperate to be seen to keep up. The media will love it if he signs for them but just like Van Persie he will fizzle out. He isn't going to make much difference this season. I don't remember Arsenal getting close to winning the CL with him in the side.

However we don't sign him and we have money to spend in the Summer on a younger player with more shelf life. We also have £200k a week from Toure's wages to spunk on someone!

we are right to have our limit and stick to it,player and agent power is not tolerated anymore
Absolutely this. As soon as you start caving into player demands you open a can of worms as regards team cohesion. We are right to play the long and principled game, it will prove to be the right strategy in the long term.
Just as an aside, it is a running theme in the MO of most successful managers that they will not indulge the whims of individual players over the interests of the whole team.

They have spent hundreds of millions and the gap is widening

I think some people are getting carried away with the season we have had so far.

We currently have a 15 point lead but at the same time we have a had a nearly faultless campaign. This level is unsustainable over the long-term and we will drop more points as the season progresses. In addition, United have also improved from last season and are currently the second best side in the country. They have the spending power and the scattergun approach to keep spending until they bridge the gap. Anyone who thinks that won't work needs to give their head a wobble because it worked for us.

Allowing them to sign players like Sanchez is only going to help them bridge the gap to us and pull away from the chasing pack. It may not be enough to help them this season, but they will be in a much stronger position next summer with him in the side.

I think some people are getting carried away with the season we have had so far.

We currently have a 15 point lead but at the same time we have a had a nearly faultless campaign. This level is unsustainable over the long-term and we will drop more points as the season progresses. In addition, United have also improved from last season and are currently the second best side in the country. They have the spending power and the scattergun approach to keep spending until they bridge the gap. Anyone who thinks that won't work needs to give their head a wobble because it worked for us.

Allowing them to sign players like Sanchez is only going to help them bridge the gap to us and pull away from the chasing pack. It may not be enough to help them this season, but they will be in a much stronger position next summer with him in the side.

Well said fella but it will fall on deaf ears to the positive spin crew.

If he was dying to come and play for us he would be signing for us. It's that simple. Where have we got this he is dying to come and play for us from? Things change.

The figures being banded around are madness for me for a 29 year old player. Forwards last until they are 32 generally max. How many are there knocking around in the big sides who are older than that and still doing it regularly? Ronaldo maybe but Madrid have been poor this season and he is on the decline.

United are all about brand and will throw whatever they have to at it. Look at that ibrahimivitch signing. Pogba, Lakaku. There is no planning in their signings at all. De Gea is reportedly after £300k a week! For a keeper! They are having the piss taken out of them but are Desperate to be seen to keep up. The media will love it if he signs for them but just like Van Persie he will fizzle out. He isn't going to make much difference this season. I don't remember Arsenal getting close to winning the CL with him in the side.

However we don't sign him and we have money to spend in the Summer on a younger player with more shelf life. We also have £200k a week from Toure's wages to spunk on someone!

I'd personally rather sign a world class player like Sanchez and give him 3 good years under Pep than a younger player who we may have to wait many seasons to get the best out of. We have Sane, Sterling, Bernardo and Jesus for that so we are not desperate for young attacking talent.

Now is the time to kick on and drill home our advantage. The long-term building blocks are in place as our recent signings have seen to that. Let's get the players for the moment and go for the CL.

It's not sustainable to keep throwing money at a problem which was why Mancini had to go. Our signings now all fit a very specific criteria on the pitch wheras United spend for the brand. Klopp said Woodward told him United was like 'Disney Land'. Embaressing tbh. £90m on Pogba because he can dab and meme who cares if Mourinho struggles to fit him in a team. People scratched their head at Walker and Stones going for £50m but looking at performances we spent very astutely and United look like a disjointed team with square pegs in round holes. All of City's pegs are interchangable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.