John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That goal stank of Falcaos against us in the Champs Leagues, when Falcao - yes Falcao not Drogba outmuscled him - thought I was watching a replay...needs to get meaner when needs must

True but why didn't Stones just take control of the situation and clear it for a throw in?

The week's training and daily exhortations from Pep prohibit such basic approaches. The idea that yer start yer defence from an opposition throw isn't part of the manual. I've seen team after team come to the Etihad, defend in such a manner and for the meantime their goal remains intact. We seem to have this ethereal approach that the football is to be pure and unsullied. Nothing sullies a game, apparently, than a size thirteen hoofing the ball out of danger and into the second tier. Watch Pep when The Mangler does the simple thing!

That goal stank of Falcaos against us in the Champs Leagues, when Falcao - yes Falcao not Drogba outmuscled him - thought I was watching a replay...needs to get meaner when needs must

I've thought for many a season that we need to get meaner. There were no meaner teams than The Arse and CFC when they won the title. The only trouble is that when we get mean the cards rapidly appear from the whistling wanker's pocket, and meanness in our area is a sure fire pen!

I've thought for many a season that we need to get meaner. There were no meaner teams than The Arse and CFC when they won the title. The only trouble is that when we get mean the cards rapidly appear from the whistling wanker's pocket, and meanness in our area is a sure fire pen!
Last season when we went meaner Fernandinho was getting sent off every 5 minutes

True but why didn't Stones just take control of the situation and clear it for a throw in?

He was in control until the shove. He read the pass well, positioned himself correctly to deal with it and then gets a nudge in the back.

People still banging on about him being out muscled...tht wasn't the problem. The problem was not cutting out the ball in the first place and then stumbling to get back into position. From that point he was always going to be out muscled but that wouldn't have happened if he was balanced and in control.

People still banging on about him being out muscled...tht wasn't the problem. The problem was not cutting out the ball in the first place and then stumbling to get back into position. From that point he was always going to be out muscled but that wouldn't have happened if he was balanced and in control.
Agree with every word.

Just a worry the Stones that has returned isn't the one that started the season for us. We needed his improvement along with Otamendis revival to defend well. Both terrible yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.