John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've a feeling Pep will be having a word with a few of them this week. His error cost us the game for me. We had control of the game at that point. That turned it hugely in their favour. It wasn't a foul, it was poor defensive play for the third time in 8 days and he needs to snap out of it and quickly.

I've a feeling Pep will be having a word with a few of them this week. His error cost us the game for me. We had control of the game at that point. That turned it hugely in their favour. It wasn't a foul, it was poor defensive play for the third time in 8 days and he needs to snap out of it and quickly.
I’m afraid I agree completely. Doesn’t excuse the clusterfuck that occurred for the next 10minutes but it defo was the turning point.

Not being 100% isn't an excuse for being weak and putting a pathetic attempt in.

He got out muscled because he was off balance after misjudging wether to try to cut out the pass or not. It was a fuck up, and as often happens with Stones it gets punished with a goal. He needs to get back to his pre injuryform sharpish, hope we haven't rushed him back before he's ready. Top finish from Firminho mind.

Rubbish again.
3 goals he's now cost us. Back to his erratic form of last season.
Needs dropping and even playing Mangala until he sorts his arse out.

King of the North... We need you back. This imposter is uninspiring. And I'm not talking about his defense or errors. I don't think those really matter. They are incidental to a loss of confidence.

The gulf between him and Otamendi when it comes to driving us forward is now like the Grand canyon. That wasn't the case pre injury.

He was so sheepish with the ball at is feet and so slow in possession and decisiveness. When John isn't playing front foot, everything suffers. :(

He is also considerably slower. Sure he's never been lightning fast, but he looked pretty slow today. I hate doing this, but I'm inclined to think he isn't fully healed up.

Anyway, can the Real John Stones please stand up, Please stand up!

Hasn't looked right in all the games he's played since coming back. The most annoying part about his game today was that he seemed to have reverted back to the stones before this season when he's on the ball. He would be waving his arms calling for a pass, receive it see someone who is free and open for a pass, instead of releasing it quickly and keeping the move going, he will dally on the ball and look for someone else who is in fact getting pressured and play a simple pass to them which inevitably gets returned back to him. It's happened in all the games he's played in since he's been back and its been slowing any type of flow the team may have. Hopefully he gets out of this slump quickly because the important games will be coming and the team would need the john stones before his injury this season to have any success.

It shouldn’t of happened , but the shove that firmino gives stones, If Stones does that to Firmino he goes down and gets a penalty.

Stones goes down and it’s a free kick in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.